Fixing a Breakup Advice Please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I've been seeing a girl from uni for around 2-3 months now, and she recently stayed at my house for the first time.
Unfortunately, I made a silly mistake in agreeing to set up a Tinder profile with a mate of mine (was only a bit of fun). One of her friends saw that my Tinder had been active and asked my gf if we had broken up. My girlfriend got really upset and basically ended it with me saying that I was so disrespectful to her. She has been my first long term relationship and I'm inexperienced when it comes to all this, so when she sent me these messages I was extremely gutted and angry. I understand why she was upset but at the same time I showed her the proof that it was only an innocent joke between 2 good friends for one day only and felt that the reaction was a bit much.

A couple days later, we chatted on the phone for a bit, I apologised again and although things were a bit awkward, there wasn't any arguing etc. I messaged last week to see if she was ok and she replied something along the lines of "I'm absolutely fine, you don't have to worry about me I'm not your problem".

I still have feelings for her and really regret what I did, even though our relationship was fairly short.

We haven't messaged/talked to each other in a week but we are both back at uni now so I was thinking of messaging to meet up with her for a chat, obviously apologise face to face and to see if the relationship can be reignited. Do people think this the right way to go about trying to fix things?

We go to uni in a small town so it's inevitable we will bump into one another at some point anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Isabel Bello
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok, that was...ummm....tough. but yeah man just goes about it the way that you said "apologize for what you did face to face" that helps when I am in a crossfire with a friend or person that I liked. see how that goes then tell me.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can't simply "fix a breakup".. it's like breaking a cup and gluing it back together.. Sure it looks good from the outside.. But it isn't durable...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
You can't simply "fix a breakup".. it's like breaking a cup and gluing it back together.. Sure it looks good from the outside.. But it isn't durable...
Maybe not fix the breakup but repair the damage that was done
Isabel Bello
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't mean it like that just ......yeah whatever this guy said.
Isabel Bello
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly, I tried to help....I did
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Maybe not fix the breakup but repair the damage that was done
Fixing and repairing are basically the same thing.. You messed up, tell her how sorry you are and that if she still doesn't want to be with you you accept that but would really like her to come back.. If she still says no then live with it mate, nothing you can do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (44)
32.84%
No (68)
50.75%
Don't know (22)
16.42%

Watched Threads