Media/Journalism at King's College London v City University Watch

wildhoney97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I received an offer from City University for their reputed MA Newspaper Journalism program, which apparently leads to great placements and has a lot of well-known journalists graduating from it. But I also received an offer from KCL to do digital media, which seems quite contemporary and relevant. Not really sure which one to choose, so any advice would be helpful!
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wildhoney97)
I received an offer from City University for their reputed MA Newspaper Journalism program, which apparently leads to great placements and has a lot of well-known journalists graduating from it. But I also received an offer from KCL to do digital media, which seems quite contemporary and relevant. Not really sure which one to choose, so any advice would be helpful!
How practical do you want your course to be?
wildhoney97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
How practical do you want your course to be?
I'm really looking for anything that gives me relevant insight into what it takes to be in the media today. I feel like City would be much more practical in terms of the actual mechanics of journalism, though?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wildhoney97)
I'm really looking for anything that gives me relevant insight into what it takes to be in the media today. I feel like City would be much more practical in terms of the actual mechanics of journalism, though?
Yep, that's my view as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?