HELP someone is trying to ask me out Watch

big-L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i’d really appreciate help cause no one really answers my threads. there’s this guy i know who just DMd me saying he has a secret to tell me. i know he likes me 100% but i don’t like him back and i really don’t want him to tell me. how do i completely avoid it or change his mind?!!!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by big-L)
i’d really appreciate help cause no one really answers my threads. there’s this guy i know who just DMd me saying he has a secret to tell me. i know he likes me 100% but i don’t like him back and i really don’t want him to tell me. how do i completely avoid it or change his mind?!!!
it will be healthy for both of you to confront the issue head on and explain to him you do not feel the same way.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
You can politely reject his offer if he asks you out and kindly explain him that you don't feel the same. I think it would be pretty insane to think that someone's opinion/feeling could be easily changed when they like someone. Once he understands how you feel, he probably won't bother you about it again.
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hear him out and then lightly reject him. Explain that you don't see him in that light. It's not really something to feel so anxious about; if anything, he'll be feeling much more anxious then you.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If he tells you that he likes you then you just need to say that you want to be friends but you don’t see him that way. Same if he asks you out.
What you don’t need to do is be hurtful or cruel about it. And don’t be laughing with your friends about it either.
It will have taken a great deal of courage for him to do this so be mature about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (170)
66.93%
No (84)
33.07%

Watched Threads