HELP someone is trying to ask me out Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’d really appreciate help cause no one really answers my threads. there’s this guy i know who just DMd me saying he has a secret to tell me. i know he likes me 100% but i don’t like him back and i really don’t want him to tell me. how do i completely avoid it or change his mind?!!!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tell him you don't want to hear it? There isn't really a polite way to get out of it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Tell him you don't want to hear it? There isn't really a polite way to get out of it.
I’m so scared of rejecting a guy I’ve heard stories where people get hurt because they reject someone
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe somehow without making it seemed forced tell him some pretend lie that you have a crush on someone from who knows where and you need his advice.

Or you could just hear him out because sure he may like you but maybe he has something else important to tell you? I'd go for this option and just face it head on ya know but reject him in a very nice and clear manner so that there's no room for confusion.
Anonymous #1
So he told me how he feels and I let him down but he’s trying to guilt trip me by saying he’d be such a good boyfriend... It’s making me so so uncomfortable. He’s hyping me up now and complimenting me even though I told him I’m not into him I don’t know what to do someone please helppp
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So he told me how he feels and I let him down but he’s trying to guilt trip me by saying he’d be such a good boyfriend... It’s making me so so uncomfortable. He’s hyping me up now and complimenting me even though I told him I’m not into him I don’t know what to do someone please helppp
Simply say,
'Thanks gotta go now. Bye.'
Or
'Ok.'
And go, but it'd be kinda mean so maybe tell him thank you then find some excuse to leave?
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m so scared of rejecting a guy I’ve heard stories where people get hurt because they reject someone
Rejecting a guy doesn't make him want to attack you. It's like when a guy rejects a girl they don't think the girl is going to hurt them. Of course, there are anomalies but those would be super rare. It's better to get it out the way and just simply say, sorry I don't feel the same (something along those lines). Keep it polite and respectful. I can say as a guy I would rather have a girl respectfully reject me than just blank/ghost me and I think most guys would say the same.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Capitalist_Lamb)
Rejecting a guy doesn't make him want to attack you. It's like when a guy rejects a girl they don't think the girl is going to hurt them. Of course, there are anomalies but those would be super rare. It's better to get it out the way and just simply say, sorry I don't feel the same (something along those lines). Keep it polite and respectful. I can say as a guy I would rather have a girl respectfully reject me than just blank/ghost me and I think most guys would say the same.
He seems happy that I told him in a nice way but yeah there’s always that thought although we’re 16 lol, I hear stories about how guys kill girls if they don’t hear what they wanna hear (no stereotyping meant) but i was worried if I said no he’d inwardly her angry.

But the whole crush thing makes me uncomfortable, people have liked me in the past and it makes me feel uneasy when I get stared at because I wanna know how they’re seeing me if that makes sense. So I wanna know how I can get him to change how he feels about it because this seems like it won’t go away, he said he’s liked me for 3 years now like what the hell
Grapple
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
man youre gonna have to get comfortable with the idea of rejecting guys because a LOT more are gonna come your way that you're not gonna be feeling in the slightest. i used to have the same problem with feeling kinda bad about it until i realised i was putting what they wanted above what i wanted (and they wouldn't care naturally, since theyre getting what they want out of it anyway so they push it )
people get used to rejection it's a normal part of the whole dating experience so dont worry too mch about it and dont lose sleep. if he gets weird just block him and move on w life. maybe even let a few friends know what happened just incase he's a potential weirdo

goodluck x
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He seems happy that I told him in a nice way but yeah there’s always that thought although we’re 16 lol, I hear stories about how guys kill girls if they don’t hear what they wanna hear (no stereotyping meant) but i was worried if I said no he’d inwardly her angry.

But the whole crush thing makes me uncomfortable, people have liked me in the past and it makes me feel uneasy when I get stared at because I wanna know how they’re seeing me if that makes sense. So I wanna know how I can get him to change how he feels about it because this seems like it won’t go away, he said he’s liked me for 3 years now like what the hell
He is he and you are you. You can't change the way he feels specifically but just rejecting his advances would be the best possible outcome. Like popping in a dislocated joint. It's gotta' be done and doesn't feel good but the pain can be eased by meds, just like the pain of rejection can be eased with respect.
smurfontheseboys
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just respond harshly so he gets the hint since if u say 'nooo' or sum nice he'll take advantage.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by smurfontheseboys)
just respond harshly so he gets the hint since if u say 'nooo' or sum nice he'll take advantage.
He’s saying he wants to be friends and see me lore often..... we already talk a lot and he says he wants to talk more ://
smurfontheseboys
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He’s saying he wants to be friends and see me lore often..... we already talk a lot and he says he wants to talk more ://
listen. tell him exactly this. 'we're just friends nothing more.' and leave the rest of what he says on read and move on.

sounds like you want him if its hard to shut him down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads