Mayomikun123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What subjects did you do? What did you get in your mocks and what did you get in your real exam? Did you find it harder to remember things/revise leading up to the real thing or was it more of just doing continuous past papers and learning from mistakes?
maniali123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In AS level I got not very good but got grades, as expected, in the real exams........
moonswooning
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Biology - in mocks in Year 12 just scraping a B, Year 13 As/A*s, real thing B
Chemistry - honestly anything from a D to an A but closer to exams probs more Bs, real thing B
French - speaking A but others B/A, real thing B

Revising was kinda easier closer to exams cause you don't have to balance revising with learning new material obviously but personally it was also harder because I was stressed and had a lot of burn-out, towards the end I found it really hard to motivate myself to care cause I was just so tired but maybe that just me. Definitely ALL the past papers and probs more than once depending on how many you have access to
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by moonswooning)
Biology - in mocks in Year 12 just scraping a B, Year 13 As/A*s, real thing B
Chemistry - honestly anything from a D to an A but closer to exams probs more Bs, real thing B
French - speaking A but others B/A, real thing B

Revising was kinda easier closer to exams cause you don't have to balance revising with learning new material obviously but personally it was also harder because I was stressed and had a lot of burn-out, towards the end I found it really hard to motivate myself to care cause I was just so tired but maybe that just me. Definitely ALL the past papers and probs more than once depending on how many you have access to
Thank you for replying! I'm struggling with biology at the moment, apparently my bio is fine but I'm either not readign the question properly or im not understanding it properly (i do OCR A btw)
which subject would you say was the hardest out of bio and chem?
moonswooning
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mayomikun123)
Thank you for replying! I'm struggling with biology at the moment, apparently my bio is fine but I'm either not readign the question properly or im not understanding it properly (i do OCR A btw)
which subject would you say was the hardest out of bio and chem?
I found chem harder and I think overall my year did worse in chem but depends on the person really
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by moonswooning)
I found chem harder and I think overall my year did worse in chem but depends on the person really
The grade boundaries (2019) for chemistry are the highest out of all my subjects and it is the subject with my highest predicted grade. A little bit worried, fingers crossed I guess lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (181)
67.54%
No (87)
32.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise