anonymous8785
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i was pretty much decided on biology, maths and chemistry as my options but in my sixth form interview the teacher said i should take geography or history since on report they appeared to be my stronger subjects and 'an essay subject would look good'
i either want to do natural sciences or environmental sciences at uni. the courses i have looked at dont require geography, usually just one science and occasionally maths.
i know geog might help with environmental but im not interested in economics which makes up a large proportion of the course. should i risk it and take 4 a-levels or stick with my 3?
stressed0ut
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Check with your 6th form, see if they will let you do 4 for a while (or up until AS) then you’ve got time to decide what’s for you. Honestly though A levels are hard so do the subjects you wanna do not ones teachers think you should do.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous8785)
i was pretty much decided on biology, maths and chemistry as my options but in my sixth form interview the teacher said i should take geography or history since on report they appeared to be my stronger subjects and 'an essay subject would look good'
i either want to do natural sciences or environmental sciences at uni. the courses i have looked at dont require geography, usually just one science and occasionally maths.
i know geog might help with environmental but im not interested in economics which makes up a large proportion of the course. should i risk it and take 4 a-levels or stick with my 3?
biology IS pretty much an essay subject - your subject combo is perfect from someone who did a couple of environmental science modules at st andrews
AHoek10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous8785)
When picking A Lebels you need to A) pick subjects u are good at and B) pick subjects that will aid your future ambitions. I wouldn’t take a subject if you don’t enjoy it because then you won’t do well and if it’s not something you need for the subject or career do you want to do than there’s no need to do that subject. However. it might be a good idea to start with four, see how you cope and then maybe drop to three subjects. And besides just because a subject isn’t needed for a degree doesn’t mean it isn’t useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (182)
67.41%
No (88)
32.59%

Watched Threads