Transfer into Medicine from another degree Watch

student8639
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
Does anyone know if University of Glasgow allows for a Biomedical science or Optometry to a Medicine Transfer?

Thanks,
AfricanDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student8639)
Hi
Does anyone know if University of Glasgow allows for a Biomedical science or Optometry to a Medicine Transfer?

Thanks,
As far as I know Glasgow don't do any transfers into Medicine from another degree, people can apply going into their last year of a course for graduate entry but no transfers to Medicine. They only have a limited number of places each year and have an application process with UCAT exam, personal statement and if you make it past that then Interview.
student8639
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AfricanDream)
As far as I know Glasgow don't do any transfers into Medicine from another degree, people can apply going into their last year of a course for graduate entry but no transfers to Medicine. They only have a limited number of places each year and have an application process with UCAT exam, personal statement and if you make it past that then Interview.
Thanks very much! Appreciate your response.
Last edited by student8639; 4 weeks ago
AfricanDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by student8639)
Thanks very much! Appreciate your response. I applied for GAP but didn't get in as my postcode didn't qualify but I have now moved to a new address (the move was always planned but just happened to have done now) and the new address does qualify. Will I be able to apply next year after doing 1st year of another course like Biomedical engineering.
You are welcome! I don't know that much about GAP but as far as I am aware Glasgow don't allow transfers from any other degrees into medicine. That being said, on their website it says that applicants who have commenced the first year of a degree programme other than medicine can apply through UCAS and have their application considered for entry to year 1, providing they meet the standard entry requirements, with required grades/qualifications obtained within seven years of the proposed entry date. So while you can't transfer it seems like you could still apply.

The best thing to do is call the Medical Admissions team at Glasgow and clarify with them, I am pretty sure the answer is a no to any transfers but not 100% sure if the GAP would affect this- I thought that GAP was only available for first time entry to higher education, so would you be eligible if you start another degree? Again, I am not sure but would advise you to contact the university to find clarify.

I hope this helps.
student8639
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.78%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (236)
28.33%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.72%

Watched Threads

Latest