StephEL28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I am a mature student (36) with 4 children aged 9 to 20 years. I have a foundation degree in Bioscience. I applied yesterday via UCAS for adult nursing, obviously after the deadline. I was shocked to receive an interview day invitation today!! Not even 48 hours later! My interview is 13th March. Hoping others who have their interviews sooner can offer any advise? Thank you and good luck to all!
lt342
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dear Steph , im looking to do in sept 2020 have not applied yet and have got to do a functional skills test as well what happens if you havent applied yet
StephEL28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StephEL28)
Hi, I am a mature student (36) with 4 children aged 9 to 20 years. I have a foundation degree in Bioscience. I applied yesterday via UCAS for adult nursing, obviously after the deadline. I was shocked to receive an interview day invitation today!! Not even 48 hours later! My interview is 13th March. Hoping others who have their interviews sooner can offer any advise? Thank you and good luck
(Original post by lt342)
Dear Steph , im looking to do in sept 2020 have not applied yet and have got to do a functional skills test as well what happens if you havent
I would still phone the university and ask if you can apply now. If successful at interview stage, they could give you a conditional offer. If you pass your maths by a certain date, you would be accepted. Definitely give admissions a call, you don't want to waste time by waiting to pass your maths. I called yesterday before submitting my application to UCAS. I was told that they would look at, and consider my application, but only after they had looked at all applications received by the deadline, which would take a few weeks. I was really shocked to receive an interview invite today!

I don't think you will have any problems applying now, if you haven't already, make a start on your personal statement....I spent 5 days writing, changing and checking mine...it has to be perfect!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (177)
67.3%
No (86)
32.7%

Watched Threads