vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello.

I start A-Levels next year and I have so many thoughts but I can only do 3 so how do I narrow down my options to only 3?
lucexo-1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try to categorise the A Levels available (e.g either simply into essay based/number based, or into STEM/humanities/arts etc...). Then think about the path you'd like to take in the future, and have a look at university courses to see if there is any subjects you HAVE to take to follow your career path. If you don't know what you'd like to do, think about what your strengths are, and try to choose A Levels which use those skills. What are you thinking of taking so far?
vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lucexo-1)
Try to categorise the A Levels available (e.g either simply into essay based/number based, or into STEM/humanities/arts etc...). Then think about the path you'd like to take in the future, and have a look at university courses to see if there is any subjects you HAVE to take to follow your career path. If you don't know what you'd like to do, think about what your strengths are, and try to choose A Levels which use those skills. What are you thinking of taking so far?
I have a few thoughts for a career in the future I would like to have.

These include:

- Animator
- Cartoonist
- Programmer
- The next Mark Zuckerberg
- Musician
- Actor
-Scriptwriter
- Filmmaker
- Director

I think I can combine Filmmaker, Director, Animator, and Cartoonist to a media course, otherwise, I think a Fine Arts course would do. As for programmer, I know my college (which I am currently in right now for a GCSE-Equalivent Media course) offers a Computer Science A-Level, and I also know they offer a Performing Arts A-Level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise