Classical Music is YOUR Preference Watch

vintriqit553
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
am wanting to major in classical violin as I fell in love with classical music since I was young, haha. People have different views on music so i understand why some people prefer not to listen to it. At first, I thought it was boring, but then I tried to be more open and realized that classical music is a type of music that is more complicated, as things tend to get simplified as time goes on, like clothings as I have observed from Bernadette Banner's video. I'm not saying other genre of music is bad, I typically listen to pop, rock and other genre as well but I think classical suites me the most.
vintriqit553
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IH8Studying)
Stop forcing your toxic ideology onto me!
what?
vintriqit553
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
She's an Ariana Grande super-fan and does not appreciate this thread's title.
oh, i quite understand now
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes I like all sorts of music.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I like classical, I like rock. Classical and contemporary offer different things and it's not either-or.
I do like classical probably more than the average tho. Favourite pieces would be the Villa-Lobos guitar concerto, Sibelius' violin concerto, Bach's Chaconne and Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# minor
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
no, not a fan. Very boring
Important thing to note whenever you do listen to it - it sounds really goddamn good (with the massive glaring exception of composers that like atonality).
btw do you want recommendations because I will challenge you on it being boring
HRobson_BMC
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I like classical music, but I don't live in London (or any other big city) so classical concerts are few and far between, and those that do happen are very expensive because there aren't many other fans to make the concerts worth their time.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Important thing to note whenever you do listen to it - it sounds really goddamn good (with the massive glaring exception of composers that like atonality).
btw do you want recommendations because I will challenge you on it being boring
Yeah, send some recommendations and I'll tell you what I think. But there's no guarantee I'll like what you like
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I love classical music, I find it very soothing after a heavy day at the office.
Listening to classical music, with a glass of red wine, what could be better.
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, send some recommendations and I'll tell you what I think. But there's no guarantee I'll like what you like
alrighty

Czardas by Vittorio Monti (violin concerto, 5 min long, you may recognise it)
Mars, from The Planets by Holst (also recognisable)
Symphony No. 9 (aka New World Symphony) by Dvorak (not that I expect you to listen to the whole thing mind)
Prelude in C sharp minor by Rachmaninoff
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
alrighty

Symphony No. 9 (aka New World Symphony) by Dvorak (not that I expect you to listen to the whole thing mind)
Thanks, I'll give it a try when my electricity is on. I play the violin so so recognise some 😋
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah not really
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ugh I love classical music.. listening to it and playing it (even composing it if that counts haha). It’s just beautiful
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
alrighty

I mean, it's not bad music obvs. But I deffo wouldn't voluntarily listen to any of this. It was quite boring to sit through it all, lol
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean, it's not bad music obvs. But I deffo wouldn't voluntarily listen to any of this. It was quite boring to sit through it all, lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ah well
pepperfish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you listened to Vivaldi’s four seasons? If not try Winter and let me know what you think! There’s a big beat drop
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pepperfish)
Have you listened to Vivaldi’s four seasons? If not try Winter and let me know what you think! There’s a big beat drop
Will listen tomorrow. je suis très tired! :
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks, I'll give it a try when my electricity is on. I play the violin so so recognise some 😋
Do you have a vegan violin and bow, if there are such things? Or are they made from traditional materials but purchased second hand, or... ?
vintriqit553
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Will listen tomorrow. je suis très tired! :
At first I thought you were one of those 'boomers things should stay in the past' but you seem pretty nice actually.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Do you have a vegan violin and bow, if there are such things? Or are they made from traditional materials but purchased second hand, or... ?
Second hand. Although I bought ny current violin before I was ever really vegan. Replace the strings with vegan ones and have never needed to replace my bow yet. know that there are vegan bow hairs and strings, tho. They are all pretty much by-products of the slaughter . Although the glue isn't vegan.

(Original post by vintriqit553)
At first I thought you were one of those 'boomers things should stay in the past' but you seem pretty nice actually.
Why, thank you
Last edited by Obolinda; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (464)
59.26%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.49%
No- I want it (223)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.77%

Watched Threads