Classical Music is YOUR Preference Watch

Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by S.Cole)
Not quite sure I know what you mean.
Look at what you called the whole thread 'Classical Music is YOUR Preference'. How do you know what my preference is? Or are you just trying to attract people whose preference is classical music? Why not just say 'Classical music is my preference'.If you say 'Classical Music is YOUR Preference' it implies that you have insight in to people's minds and you know some universal rule that makes all humans like classical music in which case tell us. Whilst there's a lot of very mediocre music these days, it's really distasteful to have to support your view by knocking down other types of music.
Last edited by Picnic1; 4 weeks ago
S.Cole
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Picnic1)
Look at what you called the whole thread 'Classical Music is YOUR Preference'. How do you know what my preference is? Or are you just trying to attract people whose preference is classical music? Why not just say 'Classical music is my preference'.If you say 'Classical Music is YOUR Preference' it implies that you have insight in to people's minds and you know some universal rule that makes all humans like classical music in which case tell us. Whilst there's a lot of very mediocre music these days, it's really distasteful to have to support your view by knocking down other types of music.
I meant it in a way that people actively reject the ideals behind modern pop music and perhaps find it meaningless, but in case you haven’t realised, that doesn’t really roll off the tongue or make a catchy title to a conversation. I’m not forcing any opinions I’m merely expressing my own. If my delivery displeases you, I can only but apologise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (477)
59.4%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.35%
No- I want it (230)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.6%

Watched Threads