Has anyone done bad on their GCSE mocks, but well on their actual exams? Watch

burnout7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone give me some examples, or inspiration, so I can try as well cause mine didn't go to well
Archetypally
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was a while ago, so I don't remember the specifics, but there was a large disparity between my mock results and my real results (positive). What are mocks if not practice? They are supposed to help you improve. You'll have plenty of time to do so.
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup I got 5s and 6s for mocks but my results all cane out as 7, 8, 9s
burnout7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Yup I got 5s and 6s for mocks but my results all cane out as 7, 8, 9s
I'm stuck on 3s and 4s for some subjects, hopefully I do better
Student1237
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Last year for my 4th year modules (It’s the way CCEA works) I was getting C’s and D’s in RS all year the teacher said I’d be lucky to pass I got 95% with no extra effort (the highest in our class that year). The funny thing was when she tried to tell me off recently for not having enough scripture (truth was my ethical argument wasn’t Christian) and asked “what did you get in your module” thinking I’d say D or C. Her face was hard not to laugh at when I told her an A.
Few things I learnt from this experience
1) check your teachers are marking to the Mark schemes
2) Know the exam technique
3) some of my teachers did this and it’s useless do not think you have to impress the examiner by going beyond what the Mark scheme wants if the mark scheme says your answer is worth full marks they have to give you full marks
Last edited by Student1237; 1 month ago
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by burnout7)
Can someone give me some examples, or inspiration, so I can try as well cause mine didn't go to well
This is about seven years ago now but I got mainly Cs in my mocks and then got As and abs for the real exams!
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol got a U in my french mocks, got a 7 in the real exams
got a 5 in my history mock, got an 8 in the exams
got a 6 in my english literature mock, got a 9 in the exams
got a 55 in my science mocks , got a 77 in the exams

Mocks dont reflect what you'll do in the real exam, they reflect what grade you are working at
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeahh got 4 in maths, 3 in english language and came out with 7’s in both
ABCABCDDD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In Year 11, in my November mock exams, I got a 3 in both Maths and Science, and a 6 in Citizenship. In my real exams I got a 4 in Maths, a 65 in Science and a 9 in Citizenship. Just revise.
Elmo127
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a 3 in music in my mock but got an 8 in the real thing. I can’t remember others but quite a few went up (a couple also went down but that was kinda my own fault as I spent longer focussing on other subjects) as long as you learn from the mocks, that’s what they’re there for after all, I’m sure you will do well!
hijarbie2019
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ABCABCDDD)
In Year 11, in my November mock exams, I got a 3 in both Maths and Science, and a 6 in Citizenship. In my real exams I got a 4 in Maths, a 65 in Science and a 9 in Citizenship. Just revise.
hi since you got a 9 in citizenship what are you meant to do for the investigation part is there specific list of topics u have to pick from if so can you send it im doing aqa btw any hlp will be useful
Last edited by hijarbie2019; 4 weeks ago
abbiieo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm stuck on 3s and 4s for some subjects, hopefully I do better
Not sure if it is the same for you, but in my school, the teachers purposely are extremely harsh with marking mocks and don't give the actual grade. It is meant to make the student s revise more for the actual exam. My advice would be just not to stress and revise as much as you can. But not too much! I'm sure you'll do great
hijarbie2019
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
d

(Original post by abbiieo)
Not sure if it is the same for you, but in my school, the teachers purposely are extremely harsh with marking mocks and don't give the actual grade. It is meant to make the student s revise more for the actual exam. My advice would be just not to stress and revise as much as you can. But not too much! I'm sure you'll do great
same do u do citizenship if so whats your predicted
baekie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hxdzz_m)
Lol got a U in my french mocks, got a 7 in the real exams
got a 5 in my history mock, got an 8 in the exams
got a 6 in my english literature mock, got a 9 in the exams
got a 55 in my science mocks , got a 77 in the exams

Mocks dont reflect what you'll do in the real exam, they reflect what grade you are working at
what did u do for science?
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's an irrelevant gcse, but I got a 3 in re mocks then an 8 in the real thing. I crammed the knowledge 2 days before though, so I guess I'm not the best example.
abbiieo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hijarbie2019)
d

same do u do citizenship if so whats your predicted
Don't do Citizenship, wasn't available to me. I'm from Wales. I'm predicted A/A* in most of my subjects though
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I remember getting a D in the foundation paper when I did a GCSE maths mock near the end of year 10, and now I have a 2:1 in a maths degree so I wouldn’t panic too much. There’s heaps of time to improve
charleya123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes! Your mocks are there so that you know what to work on, if you take these as a learning curve and work on the things you did badly on, you can definitely improve. It happened to me!
I got a 3-3 in my Science mock and got 7-7 in the real thing
I got a 3 in my French mock and got 7 in the real thing
2 in German mock and got a 5 in real thing
3 in History mock and got a 6
LeahStarX
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes I got a five in physics then in real got an 8
ibby68
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes lol it is very common. I swear in my mocks i only passed 2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?