Is putting up a height requerment fair, as it's Impossible to change Watch

Ruben jann
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to hear your comments about height requrements. Please state your gender, height and age, and IF you do have or had a requriment pleace be free to post it
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
In reality, if someone has height requirements that they are not willing to compromise on in any circumstance, they are a shallow person. I 'm female and would prefer my partner to be either my height or taller, but if someone was shorter than me but a wonderful person, I would not be fooling enough to reject them.
Ruben jann
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
In reality, if someone has height requirements that they are not willing to compromise on in any circumstance, they are a shallow person. I 'm female and would prefer my partner to be either my height or taller, but if someone was shorter than me but a wonderful person, I would not be fooling enough to reject them.
Yes inthink that were my fiancee's first thought, when she 4 years ago, Lowered her head and caught my eye, 20 cm closer to the ground. And since that day we'd been madly in love. She'd might had hoped to fell in love with a guy taller than herself. But she emded up with me a tiny 181,5 cm tall guy, but as we told eachother right away, she'd would gladly accept a midget like me, if I were to accept her stunning 198 cm tall figure. A super deal foe me, as i'd always been attracted to tall and very tall women, as long there look were good, women' tall just become and advantage too , and this wonder woman is a 10 out of 10 so, I litteraly jump of joy everyday, and when kissing her when I don't have a stool in my present. I have a great expirence with women tall or tallish, as I'd been dating and living with 4 other women during my adulthood who were taller than myself, there height range from 185 tcm tall to my present fiancee 198 cm tall. Guess It's needless to mention all those tall women weren't insecure about there height, as I've noticed those women, who are insecure about there height, or been bullied as a young girl, try to take i all out on men NOT TALL, pretty unfair as hell, as most tall men use to be the once to bullie people in generel , and ofcause also those lovly tall women. Perhaps mainly as those tall women always get most attention, and it seems that attension is the " air " all tall bread and get on by, and a tall guy seems to hate the fact those tall women get most attension
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Height requirements for rollercoasters - completely acceptable as it’s for safety 😂

Height requirements for dating - you can have a preference but know if you reject someone purely on their height, you’re a shallow person and deserve to be single
Ruben jann
Rep:
?
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Height requirements for rollercoasters - completely acceptable as it’s for safety 😂

Height requirements for dating - you can have a preference but know if you reject someone purely on their height, you’re a shallow person and deserve to be single
Mainly women seems to use requirement impossible to change , as HEIGHT in a man , and I'd guess that in 99,9999% the requirements is him to be taller, hard to understand in a time were women have been arguing about women's right , and the fact many women during 1000 of years have been sexual assaulted and been psychical abused by men much taller than them. But when ever the same women get the sliders opportunity to humiliate men , they seems to let there build up anger and fear from generation of being treated bad and wrongly, hit the wrong group of men , an while those tall and strong men suddenly are given a bonus for been treating women bad for thousands of years due to the fact that being tall is the single most reason to feel superior and treat other persons like ****( not only women , but people not tall in general) . But suddenly all women let those tall guys get all the credit for acting like idiots , said in and other way , thinking that tall guys are better to protect a woman than normal size men, is the same as letting the wolf guard the sheep.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

saw a height chart statistics once, which showed various male heights and how much women would refuse to date a man with that height, 15% of women wouldn't date a 5ft 10 guy , I was pretty shocked about that. Forgot the rest of the height statistics but yeah, women are pretty shallow in this regard.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
saw a height chart statistics once, which showed various male heights and how much women would refuse to date a man with that height, 15% of women wouldn't date a 5ft 10 guy , I was pretty shocked about that. Forgot the rest of the height statistics but yeah, women are pretty shallow in this regard.
The average height for a man in the UK is 5ft 9in - if all these statistics actually reflected reality, most men would never be in a relationship. People can fantasise all they want about what they want in their partner but most of the time that does not translate into real life.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
The average height for a man in the UK is 5ft 9in - if all these statistics actually reflected reality, most men would never be in a relationship. People can fantasise all they want about what they want in their partner but most of the time that does not translate into real life.
fair point I guess,

although i'm ngl, i do sometimes see women demanding 6ft guys on dating sites.

As a 5ft 10 guy I once saw this woman with a 6ft 2+ height requirement on pof and wrote a msg telling her how ludacris her requirements were [literally 5% of men are above this height]. She sent a msg back and was not happy lol
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The standard minimum height requirement these women particular about height say 6ft minimum while the average height in the UK is 5’10...

This means over 50% of men are excluded from their set criteria. What they’ve got to ask themselves is are they really attractive enough to be realistically able to exclude most men and still have a chance of being with someone 😂

All good putting these above average requirements on guys you’ll give a chance but if you ain’t above average attractive yourself... Well...
Last edited by CTLeafez; 4 weeks ago
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
fair point I guess,

As a 5ft 10 guy I once saw this woman with a 6ft 2+ height requirement on pof and wrote a msg telling her how ludacris her requirements were [literally 5% of men are above this height]. She sent a msg back and was not happy lol
I reckon people like that set unrealistic requirements to give them an excuse for not being able to get a partner and to make them feel like they are the ones doing the rejecting (probably subconsciously rather than intentionally).
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
I reckon people like that set unrealistic requirements to give them an excuse for not being able to get a partner and to make them feel like they are the ones doing the rejecting (probably subconsciously rather than intentionally).
All to do with the power dynamic. If you’re the one doing the rejecting rather than being rejected, you’re gonna obviously feel better about yourself.

Although regarding height, I imagine most women just aren’t knowledgeable about the actual average height of a guy in the UK, throwing out 6ft as an arbitrary value without thinking about reality.
Last edited by CTLeafez; 4 weeks ago
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All to do with the power dynamic. If you’re the one doing the rejecting rather than being rejected, you’re gonna obviously feel better about yourself.
Yeah, exactly.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ruben jann)
Yes inthink that were my fiancee's first thought, when she 4 years ago, Lowered her head and caught my eye, 20 cm closer to the ground. And since that day we'd been madly in love. She'd might had hoped to fell in love with a guy taller than herself. But she emded up with me a tiny 181,5 cm tall guy, but as we told eachother right away, she'd would gladly accept a midget like me, if I were to accept her stunning 198 cm tall figure. A super deal foe me, as i'd always been attracted to tall and very tall women, as long there look were good, women' tall just become and advantage too , and this wonder woman is a 10 out of 10 so, I litteraly jump of joy everyday, and when kissing her when I don't have a stool in my present. I have a great expirence with women tall or tallish, as I'd been dating and living with 4 other women during my adulthood who were taller than myself, there height range from 185 tcm tall to my present fiancee 198 cm tall. Guess It's needless to mention all those tall women weren't insecure about there height, as I've noticed those women, who are insecure about there height, or been bullied as a young girl, try to take i all out on men NOT TALL, pretty unfair as hell, as most tall men use to be the once to bullie people in generel , and ofcause also those lovly tall women. Perhaps mainly as those tall women always get most attention, and it seems that attension is the " air " all tall bread and get on by, and a tall guy seems to hate the fact those tall women get most attension
Oh dear
jas149
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some girls just tend to be attracted to really tall men. Although I've never really had much of a height preference. I'm around 5'5" and I've been in a relationship with a few guys who were between the height range of 5'5"-5'9". I've never really been attracted to men that are over 6ft, it's too tall and I really dislike having to look up at someone and having to go on my tip-toes to give them a hug haha
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jas149)
Some girls just tend to be attracted to really tall men. Although I've never really had much of a height preference. I'm around 5'5" and I've been in a relationship with a few guys who were between the height range of 5'5"-5'9". I've never really been attracted to men that are over 6ft, it's too tall and I really dislike having to look up at someone and having to go on my tip-toes to give them a hug haha
Me too. I would be more likely to reject a tall guy than an average guy for this exact reason.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Whether it's fair depends on the 'requirement' imo. There's a reasonable difference in height, and then there are massive differences. I don't think it'd necessarily be wrong in the latter case if it caused issues.

Was that purely based on asking them about height though? If so that's really a massively flawed collection of data. I mean, let's be realistic, you're not going to notice 2 inches of height. 2 inches can be important in some departments, but height just isn't one of them.

I mean, I'm about 5" 11' (I haven't measured my height for god knows how long), I work in a warehouse and we have pallets go out with height restrictions (I.E. 1.8M (head height), 1.6M (shoulder height)), so I know roughly how high I am but I've never actually gone out of my way to measure exactly how tall I am. I just know I'm somewhere around 5" 11'.

If I told a woman I was 6" 1', unless she went out of her way to measure me, she wouldn't know I was talking BS. She's not going to pick up on the fact that I'm about 2 inches shorter than I claimed to be without actually checking.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheMcSame)
Whether it's fair depends on the 'requirement' imo. There's a reasonable difference in height, and then there are massive differences. I don't think it'd necessarily be wrong in the latter case if it caused issues.

Was that purely based on asking them about height though? If so that's really a massively flawed collection of data. I mean, let's be realistic, you're not going to notice 2 inches of height. 2 inches can be important in some departments, but height just isn't one of them.

I mean, I'm about 5" 11' (I haven't measured my height for god knows how long), I work in a warehouse and we have pallets go out with height restrictions (I.E. 1.8M (head height), 1.6M (shoulder height)), so I know roughly how high I am but I've never actually gone out of my way to measure exactly how tall I am. I just know I'm somewhere around 5" 11'.

If I told a woman I was 6" 1', unless she went out of her way to measure me, she wouldn't know I was talking BS. She's not going to pick up on the fact that I'm about 2 inches shorter than I claimed to be without actually checking.
If you told me you were 6ft 1 then i would know you are lying because i'm 5ft 10 and would see you're only slightly taller than me.
i've had mates who have claimed 5ft 10 when they are obviously shorter than me so i know they're lying too.
It wouldn't be that hard for a woman to notice you're frauding by a couple of inches, especially if she knows males of that height she will be able to say to herself home come harry who is your height is noticeably taller?

and the stats were presented in a list with all male heights from about 5ft to 6ft 8, and the percentage of women by each height who would exclude a male of that height in terms of dating
Ruben jann
Rep:
?
fair point I guess,

Do you think most relationship have a woman who actually ended up accepting her guy as an " settling for" if you get my point. If so how many guys would like to be the one , he's wife ended up settle for , as an substitute for the tall, dark and handsome guy she started of preferring. After all we men don't.set up unrealistic requirements for our future partner.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
all the manlets in this thread smh
Ruben jann
Rep:
?
If you told me you were 6ft 1 then i would know you are lying because i'm 5ft 10 and would see you're only slightly taller than me.
i've had mates who have claimed 5ft 10 when they are obviously shorter than me so i know they're lying too.
It wouldn't be that hard for a woman to notice you're frauding by a couple of inches, especially if she knows males of that height she will be able to say to herself home come harry who is your height is noticeably taller?

and the stats were presented in a list with all male heights from about 5ft to 6ft 8, and the percentage of women by each height who would exclude a male of that height in terms of dating
No one can manage to persuade me that somthing as shallow and superficial as height should ever be a deal-breaker to anybody, it's so insignificant to a person, height never can show how you are as a person. A real strong relationships can't work out well, based on the guys height. And if so I'd guess the shorter guy will make the best partner if I were height there were the deciding factor, as a shorter guy never will be using psychical power to trumph his will trough. And usually shorter and avarage height men have a far better temper , never angry and ill-tempered as most tall guys who usually become violent and mental unstable. So it's a great misconceptions when a woman chose a partner based on the motto the taller the better, and the sad fact a tall woman think her partner should be at least taller than her is " WAY OUT" most of my relationships have been with women taller than myself, and never were height a problem at all, and never did we cheated on eachother at all. And my present fiancée she's 16-17 cm taller than myself , exactly 198 cm tall, and freekently wearing 8-10 cm high heels too. So ofcause not all women do put up requirement as height to there guy, I'm happy to say or I'd never had the fantastic relationship with those nice women during my life, and I'd never had the opportunity to marrie my fiancee for 4 years this spring. I can't wait to stand beside her in her white wedding dress and to kiss her in church after the prist ended the session
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads