The Student Room Group

Motivation

Whatever I do to try and get motivated for my GCSES it doesn’t work, I failed my mocks and I didn’t revise for them. And in my head I’m telling myself to go and revise as I’m predicted all 7s so I know I can do it. I don’t know if I’m scared of failing or something else. So please can anyone give me any advice and be really brutally honest to get me into it. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by naomieve
Whatever I do to try and get motivated for my GCSES it doesn’t work, I failed my mocks and I didn’t revise for them. And in my head I’m telling myself to go and revise as I’m predicted all 7s so I know I can do it. I don’t know if I’m scared of failing or something else. So please can anyone give me any advice and be really brutally honest to get me into it. Thanks

It’s a good start to acknowledge that you are falling behind. The fact that you aren’t where you want to be right now should be motivation enough! If you’re very behind, you need to remind yourself that if you don’t get up and revise now, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life if you don’t get the grades you need for A-Levels. Remember that your future self is begging you to revise right now! I personally find it much easier to revise with a study buddy - you can both motivate each other! (Preferably choose a study buddy that’s motivated - you don’t want to distract each other, haha)
Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I have to say, i'm in year 8 and i'm ****ing bored so I decided to come here. I am really good at revising and being motivated, and I have improved my grades form a 6 average to 9-8 average. Also trust, i'm not a neek, I just really like getting good grades (there's a difference). I'm not going to sugarcoat this, getting motivated is not easy, you either want to get up and do the ****ing work so you can have a life or not. You have to stay determined, and start thinking before you act. You have to make notes highlighting the key definitions and information, but still get an understanding in class (you also have to listen, not always make notes). Then at home, you take your book, you read the information, think about it, then cover it and test yourself. Do this until you remember this, then move on onto the next part and so on. Do this, and its and easy 8-9. However....Now that last paragraph probably stressed you out if you took me seriously (if you didn't then suck ur dad). The key part is to just not be stressed, just have a light and fun tone, revise, then get back to your life, do the test, done. Now obviously, GCSEs have too much topic to cover to do this so simply, so you have to plan the revision out, so you revise, but still have time later on to have free time, then revise the next day, have free time and so on until your done.I should mention that you should revise not that long before your gcse's so you don't forget the info.Other important things:s-smilie:leep well before the test (then you will think much clearer)When you revise, open the window, get some fresh air going STOP PROCRASTINATING AND ****ING REVISEWhen I say motivated i mean be prepared to spend a tiny fraction of your life doing revising, to get a lifetime of a really good and well paid jobUmm yea, I honestly don't know why I wrote this, I don't even have an account on here yet, please help me. Just use this idk, and pay attention in class. (Sry the thing took away the new paragraph and list and joined them together.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest