Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, there's this guy in my course at uni. And over the xmas break we got talking more (IG and FB), and there have like been signs that he may have been flirting.. like he replied to my stories quite a bit and like teased me etc. For example, one of my stories was a meme I made of a pic of myself captioned 'when you see a cute guy in the library'... and he replied saying 'I don't get it, I never go to the library'... but when I replied with a subtle flirt (I said maybe you should start going... but there's competition ), he kinda brushed it off and just said 'lol'. But yeah in a summary, in the recent times, he seemed to have been actively trying to talk to me through IG replies. So I thought maybe I'll try and ask him if he wanted to go for coffee sometime, since we have the same timetable and only have class once a week (Aka: a lot of free time). I tried to make it not seem like I was asking him out jic it went wrong (lol.. keep reading). So then he replied (message), VERY INDIRECTLY, 'Hola, I'm off to Scotland hopefully;. ERM??!
That pissed me off how he entirely avoided the q and made me look so stupid
So I bluntly replied 'cool **thumbs up emoji**'
Then he soon after replied, 'But next time **same thumbs up emoji** lol'
I left him on read after this bc Idk if that was a genuine reply... I wanted to get you guys' opinions on this?
Also he hasn't replied to my stories since then (Wed).. maybe is this bc he thinks I'm annoyed or he just doesn't care? lol...
Anonymous #1
Oh I sent the message about coffee this Wednesday btw....
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sorry You seem like such a lovely girl, but his replies sound really blunt and immediately have me questioning whether he’s worth it at all. I guess going to Scotland is a worthy excuse and it’s a good thing that he seems inclined to meet up for coffee once he gets back, but he should have replied straight away!! Maybe keep it at a friendship level for now and see whether he shows more signs of interest, but there’s nothing wrong with getting to know him more and spending your free time with him whether that’s as friends or if it hopefully progresses!! Good luck xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m sorry You seem like such a lovely girl, but his replies sound really blunt and immediately have me questioning whether he’s worth it at all. I guess going to Scotland is a worthy excuse and it’s a good thing that he seems inclined to meet up for coffee once he gets back, but he should have replied straight away!! Maybe keep it at a friendship level for now and see whether he shows more signs of interest, but there’s nothing wrong with getting to know him more and spending your free time with him whether that’s as friends or if it hopefully progresses!! Good luck xx
awe thanks! I seem to be unlucky with my choices in men loool one moment they seem to be showing interest (or mb I'm just deluded lol) and then they disappoint hahaha
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
awe thanks! I seem to be unlucky with my choices in men loool one moment they seem to be showing interest (or mb I'm just deluded lol) and then they disappoint hahaha
Of course you’re not deluded, don’t say that!! I feel the same sometimes because men show interest and then it’s like something switches inside of them after talking to weeks and they’re suddenly disinterested, but it won’t always be that way and you’ll find Mr. Right soon!! Hopefully this guy will get a wake up call and realise what he’s been missing out on, but for now just focus on yourself x
Anonymous #1
Of course you’re not deluded, don’t say that!! I feel the same sometimes because men show interest and then it’s like something switches inside of them after talking to weeks and they’re suddenly disinterested, but it won’t always be that way and you’ll find Mr. Right soon!! Hopefully this guy will get a wake up call and realise what he’s been missing out on, but for now just focus on yourself x
Omg girl, big mood loool! Such strange, questionable creatures they are lol can never quite figure them out! Aww thanks so much, you're too kind aha! And same for you, you deserve only the best <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads