The Student Room Group

Administrative Officer NICS Competition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aidry
Congrats guys hopefully things will move quickly

Thanks aidry, I hope so too. Nail biting stuff! 🤞
Reply 21
Have either of you heard anything further after your ID check? My AccessNI went through the day after my appointment last week but no other contact since
Original post by rmoom
Have either of you heard anything further after your ID check? My AccessNI went through the day after my appointment last week but no other contact since

No I haven’t heard anything more yet. I was hoping to be half way through my notice period by now! 🤣 I’ve only opted for one area and standard hours so maybe it’ll be a while before a position comes up?
Reply 23
Original post by Flyjennyd
No I haven’t heard anything more yet. I was hoping to be half way through my notice period by now! 🤣 I’ve only opted for one area and standard hours so maybe it’ll be a while before a position comes up?

Same, would really love to be out of retail before Christmas! Good to know you haven’t heard anything either, I put 3 areas and any shift pattern if that makes you feel better but I’m in the 320s so who knows what way it’s worked out!

I was asked for proof of NI number at my check which I didn’t have with me (thought I didn’t need it as I had my passport for proof of nationality) and the guy said HRConnect would be in contact if they needed to see it which they haven’t so hoping that hasn’t impacted or delayed things
Ah yes I had a similar thing in that I had taken my NI number but when I got home I wasn’t sure if the lady photocopied it. Had a panic, phoned HR connect who said that they would be in touch if anything was missing. Panic over lol! Let’s hope this week brings some news. 🤞
Reply 25
Original post by Flyjennyd
Ah yes I had a similar thing in that I had taken my NI number but when I got home I wasn’t sure if the lady photocopied it. Had a panic, phoned HR connect who said that they would be in touch if anything was missing. Panic over lol! Let’s hope this week brings some news. 🤞

I emailed them a screenshot of my payslip straight away as it’s all digital and I don’t get paper copies of it anyway, no reply to that so guessing it’s OK. Here’s to another week obsessively checking emails! 😂
Reply 26
Offers started to go out yesterday evening :smile:
Really? Do you know how far down the list they went?
Reply 28
Original post by Humpday25
Really? Do you know how far down the list they went?

I was in the 160s and got mine, I know a few in 300s who are still waiting so not sure where they stopped between those.
I was in the early 100s and have heard nothing. What area are you in if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 30
I was in the early 100s and have heard nothing. What area are you in if you dont mind me asking?

North West, were you in the 100s before or after the second assessment?160s is my first ranking I'm not sure if it changed after the verification test.
After the 1st one...thats the one they were using apparently...im north west too...odd. did you get UC?
Reply 32
After the 1st one...thats the one they were using apparently...im north west too...odd. did you get UC?

Yes I got UC, strange about the merit list I thought they had to go in order
I rang them...they just gave some waffled answer that it depended on location, etc as well as merit position. Not sure how that works when you are in the same area (they didn't seem to have that info either 🙄). They did say around 100 offers had gone out already with more to follow soon hopefully
Reply 34
I was 300s, in Fermanagh but have been offered Belfast (was one of three areas I put down). Would have considered moving pre-pandemic as lived in Belfast for 10 years between uni and work but with restrictions as they are I’m really really torn about what to do and potentially not being able to see family
Reply 35

What hours did you select? UC is AWP so you would have had to select available up to 8pm and weekend working
No that's not the case here...
Original post by rmoom
I was 300s, in Fermanagh but have been offered Belfast (was one of three areas I put down). Would have considered moving pre-pandemic as lived in Belfast for 10 years between uni and work but with restrictions as they are I’m really really torn about what to do and potentially not being able to see family

What dept/job were you offered? Maybe you could work from home after you're trained?
Reply 38
What dept/job were you offered? Maybe you could work from home after you're trained?

UC also, AWP. Bit of a shock that I was placed in Belfast as I was due to interview in Derry so just assumed I was in the western side of recruitment. Have emailed about whether there are more local posts but I know that this will be the only offer I’ll get.
You would like to think that there's still plenty of vacancies in the West that they could change it. I'm sure theres enough Belfast applicants to fill the posts they have. Worth a try anyway, let us know what they say!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending