Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey, I'm a first year at university and feel pretty lonely at the moment. I do have friends, really good friends in some cases, but I got unlucky with my flatmates so whilst my other friends go out with their flat I'm stuck for things to do. I'd say I have 4 very good friends, and around 10 other mates.. is this normal at university, especially first year? I don't know, just need reassurance or advice really. thanks for any replies
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Humans all have a sense of emotional longing to achieve a rewarding stimulus.

I would say that 4 very good friends and 10 mates is a very satisfying number.
It happens; you cannot get along with everyone and you shouldn't see that as a bad thing.

As long as you can spend quality time with your very good friends that should be fine.
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I'm a first year at university and feel pretty lonely at the moment. I do have friends, really good friends in some cases, but I got unlucky with my flatmates so whilst my other friends go out with their flat I'm stuck for things to do. I'd say I have 4 very good friends, and around 10 other mates.. is this normal at university, especially first year? I don't know, just need reassurance or advice really. thanks for any replies
Hey!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely at the moment, but it's great to hear that you do have some really good friends I only had a couple close friends at university, so I'd definitely say that's a great amount you have!

When you're feeling stuck for things to do, it might be nice to try a new hobby - baking, writing, blogging, going for walks? Could you join a club, get some uni work out the way, arrange to visit family?

Good luck with everything, I wouldn't worry too much about making friends, and quality is always better than quantity

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?