How to NOT be awkward in a club? Watch

username5139774
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have water in my hand and bobbing my head to music but it's extremely difficult to navigate to the centre of the crowd because I have not got any IOI's and I've generally come here to find a girlfriend.

I cold approached a girl and had a short discussion on her coat because I genuinely did like it she put on a huge smile but I lost her in the crowd and it'd look desperate to reinstate conversation.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username5139774)
I have water in my hand and bobbing my head to music but it's extremely difficult to navigate to the centre of the crowd because I have not got any IOI's and I've generally come here to find a girlfriend.

I cold approached a girl and had a short discussion on her coat because I genuinely did like it she put on a huge smile but I lost her in the crowd and it'd look desperate to reinstate conversation.
Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong really... you just got unlucky on that occasion.

The only thing you can perhaps try doing next time is to try and grab a social media contact (e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.). People are generally more comfortable at giving out those kind of contacts to stangers, as it's easy enough to block you if you turn out to be a wierdo / stalker type person (compared to the hassle of changing your number and updating everyone).

Based on what you've said, the only caveat I would say is don't go out with the mission of finding a girlfriend... For starters, clubs raves etc. aren't really the best environment to meet Long-term partners... also, if you go out with that mind-set, you run the risk of coming across as desperate. (which is off-putting)... or worse still, a sex predator. Instead, I would go out with the intention of enjoying the night, being sociable etc. but will make a point of talking to girls as-and-when the opportunity arises. Furthermore, you'll probably come across as a bit more natural / yourself and less like a horny lad on the pull.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've never had much success directly going out with the intent of finding a partner, IME it's more when i'm out having a good time and i meet a girl also having a good time....i'm not particularly after a girl who is out at the club to go home with a stranger and nothing else, so I can only assume a lot of girls feel kind of the same.

Truth is waters a crap club prop for 'having fun', unless you've taken something else that means you need the water. What you're describing sounds kind like I do when i'm halfway through a bands set i can't be bothered with and killing time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (46)
31.08%
No (76)
51.35%
Don't know (26)
17.57%

Watched Threads