I’m so depressed I can’t cope anymore Watch

Caea
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Everyone hates me and I don’t think that will ever change. I never have true friends. Just heard my brother and his girlfriend ***** about me on the phone and im a **** to my parents because I feel so low so they probably hate me too (actually I know they do). I have no motivation . My college coursework is a week late and I haven’t ****ing started it. I just want to press pause on everything for a minute. My chest is so tight and my stomach so heavy with this constant feeling. I hate my job and I still always have no money. I get bullied at work by someone but no one would care and this person is untouchable. I have made no close friends since school and I’m painfully lonely. I’m fat and ugly and obese and I can’t stop eating. My life is an absolute ****ing **** show that’s gotten completely out of control and I genuinely don’t know what to do. I can’t tell anyone and I’m far too ashamed. They wouldn’t believe me and even if they did what would they suggest , go to the doctor ? What could a doctor do for me lol. I can’t cope with this anymore. I get manipulated by everyone and I’m so weak. I NEED to speak to someone about this. I want to phone Samaritans but I’m far too scared and also don’t have anywhere I would do it without someone hearing me. I’ve tried before and just hung up the phone instantly from fear. I don’t know what to do
Last edited by Caea; 4 weeks ago
minichef30
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey OP, this has made me really sad that you're feeling this way. I can honestly say that there is no problem too large to be solved, and you really just need to try your upmost to gather the courage to see a counsellor. Confide in someone you feel closest to, because once you share your problems, honestly there will feel like a massive weight lifted off your shoulders. It's too much to handle on your own and you deserve some support, so please please talk to someone. They will help you through this and things will look up (there's always light at the end of the tunnel). You can also try and find a hobby that makes you happy- what do you find happiness in?
Sending all my best and 'virtual' support.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok.....Just hang on, Don't give up yet. I promise you, everything will get better. First thing, parents, i know that your parents don't hate you, they might not see the full story. Apologise, then, even if you think that they are in the wrong, apologise to them. Then explain what you just did here to them. Then you will have someone close too to confide to. If this doesn't work, turn to someone else, but i'm sure it will. If you do this, you will feel better, trust me. Just please hang on. Remember, you are loved, no matter what you think.
utv
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you want to speak to someone message me. I'm always happy to speak. from someone who suffers from anxiety and eats when stressed I totally understand. Don't deal with your thoughts alone.
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Caea)
Everyone hates me and I don’t think that will ever change. I never have true friends. Just heard my brother and his girlfriend ***** about me on the phone and im a **** to my parents because I feel so low so they probably hate me too (actually I know they do). I have no motivation . My college coursework is a week late and I haven’t ****ing started it. I just want to press pause on everything for a minute. My chest is so tight and my stomach so heavy with this constant feeling. I hate my job and I still always have no money. I get bullied at work by someone but no one would care and this person is untouchable. I have made no close friends since school and I’m painfully lonely. I’m fat and ugly and obese and I can’t stop eating. My life is an absolute ****ing **** show that’s gotten completely out of control and I genuinely don’t know what to do. I can’t tell anyone and I’m far too ashamed. They wouldn’t believe me and even if they did what would they suggest , go to the doctor ? What could a doctor do for me lol. I can’t cope with this anymore. I get manipulated by everyone and I’m so weak. I NEED to speak to someone about this. I want to phone Samaritans but I’m far too scared and also don’t have anywhere I would do it without someone hearing me. I’ve tried before and just hung up the phone instantly from fear. I don’t know what to do
Hey this is a really sad situation to be in. You're still very young and have a lot of time to develop. My advice would be to go gym a Gym and start running. Going to the gym solves half of depression symptoms because of the release of dopamine while exercising. Start there, then file a extenuating circumstance form for your coursework, make sure to go to a doctor to get the evidence to support your claim
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is worth trying a doctor :hugs: if you wanted to take medication they could facilitate that which may help you cope as you wait for therapy if you choose to pursue that avenue.
You can also self refer to low level therapy through the IAPT scheme with no need to see a doctor if that would be a better option for you

Have moved your thread to the Mental Health forum btw :hugs:

(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
Hey this is a really sad situation to be in. You're still very young and have a lot of time to develop. My advice would be to go gym a Gym and start running. Going to the gym solves half of depression symptoms because of the release of dopamine while exercising. Start there, then file a extenuating circumstance form for your coursework, make sure to go to a doctor to get the evidence to support your claim
The gym isn't a bad idea i would just say get an induction, i joined the gym to try to lose some weight and lift my mood and unfortunately ended up aggravating a back injury so i stopped going i should have got someone to show me how to use the machines properly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads