smj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi
I am writing an essay on the economic and environmental causes of juvenile delinquency but I am unable to find enough and relevant information to the stated causes.
Any idea on how to go about with the search and the essay.
Your help will be much appreciated
Abi75
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

If you type 'economic and environmental causes of juvenile delinquency' into Google Scholar, it comes up with a large amount of articles and journals relating to the topic. Im not sure how you can write your essay but hopefully that would be a good start for some ideas! Hope this helps
smj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi
Thanks alot.

The thing is that I am not very good at essay writings and I don't know whybut I don't have alot to write on the topic.

The structure of the essay is to write economic causes and environmental causes.

But I am told I also have to counterargue and refute so,....yeah
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As Abi75 says, Google Scholar is a good place to start in terms of figuring out what types of information and sources are available.

Regarding the two issue you’re meant to consider think about questions such as:
- why might poor economic circumstances lead to delinquency? what services, support systems etc are effected by economic circumstance? how might this link to delinquency?
- same for environmental factors, have a look at broken windows theory too.

Those sorts of questions should start pushing you in the direction of an argument with some counter arguments
smj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
As Abi75 says, Google Scholar is a good place to start in terms of figuring out what types of information and sources are available.

Regarding the two issue you’re meant to consider think about questions such as:
- why might poor economic circumstances lead to delinquency? what services, support systems etc are effected by economic circumstance? how might this link to delinquency?
- same for environmental factors, have a look at broken windows theory too.

Those sorts of questions should start pushing you in the direction of an argument with some counter arguments
Thanks alot....

This just saved me as I was so clueless...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (182)
67.41%
No (88)
32.59%

Watched Threads