Children's nursing degree is it hard to find employment Watch

Samoscar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm hoping to start a children's nursing degree this year at either Cardiff or University of South Wales. I'm a mature student with a 6 year old son, so when I graduate I will ideally be looking for jobs in the South Wales area. What I was hoping for is any advice on how hard it is to find a job in this field when you graduate. I think I'm panicking a bit as I have financial commitments and I'm worried that I won't be able to get a job when I graduate, as I can't really move for a job so I'm restricted to South Wales area.
Any advice or tips, or personal experiences of finding a job in children's nursing would be great. I think I'm panicking a bit as my college tutor on my access course tried to advise me to apply for adult nursing as there are more jobs than if you do children's nursing, but my heart is set on children's nursing so didn't want to change.
Thanks
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't worry, you'll be able to find a job as a children's nurse. Have a look at the NHS jobs website, just to prove to yourself you'll be ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (461)
67.5%
No (222)
32.5%

Watched Threads