Water fast Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys anybody know if you can lose weight by water wasting for just two days?
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys anybody know if you can lose weight by water wasting for just two days?
I would say that cutting down your intake of water to lose weight is dangerous for your health. Besides, that’s an artificial way to lose weight - you’ve not lost any body fat that way.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I would say that cutting down your intake of water to lose weight is dangerous for your health. Besides, that’s an artificial way to lose weight - you’ve not lost any body fat that way.
It's not cutting down on water, it's just drinking water and not eating food.

OP, stick to healthy eating as there are no shortcuts to sensible and sustainable weight losd. With water fasting it's true that you are just likely to lose water weight and maybe even muscle. It can cause dizziness and fainting and, strange as it sounds, dehydration because people don't make up the water content of what they would have eaten.
Last edited by Surnia; 3 weeks ago
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
It's not cutting down on water, it's just drinking water and not eating food.

OP, stick to healthy eati g as there are no shortcuts to sensible and sustainable weight losd. With water fasting it's true that you are just likely to lose water weight and maybe even muscle. It can cause dizziness and fainting and, strange as it sounds, dehydration because people don't make up the water content of what they would have eaten.
Ah, I got it the wrong was round. My apologies.

I echo what you say though, it remains a bad idea.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just eat a balanced diet. Faddish things like that won’t help you lose weight overall and you’ll just just end up binging anyway.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
From experience, no. You will just end up bingeing when you start to eat again. Just eat healthily and reduce your overall calorie intake and you will start to lose weight.
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
don't do that! Just reduce the amount of food that you eat+eat healthy foods and not junk foods. Eat a bar of granola with an apple in the morning, fruit salad as a snack, a salad with shrimps as a lunch and chicken with vegetables and rice in the night and drink plenty of water.

A bar of granola is around 100-300 calories

An apple is around 52 calories

A fruit salad (2 bananas, 100g of blueberries , 100g of grapes, 2 peaches, 3 kiwis and 4 strawberries) is around (210calories+57calories+67 calories+118calories+183calories +16 calories)=651 calories

A salad (200g of cucumber, 2 small tomatoes, and 200g shrimps) is around (31.08calories+35.38calories+198 calories)=264.46 calories

Chicken with vegetables and rice (2 1/2 chicken breasts with 200g vegetables and 200g rice) is around (330calories+it depends of what vegetables you are going to use+260calories)=590calories

in total you will consume:1857 calories (if the granola bar is 300 calories if it's 100 calories then in total you will consume 1657 calories). You will definitely lose weight as you need to eat 2000 calories per day if you are a woman to maintain weight and 2500 calories if you are a man.

And to answer your question yes you will definitely lose weight if you do what you want to do (drink only water for 2 days).
Last edited by emily_000; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (313)
65.89%
No (162)
34.11%

Watched Threads