Aberystwyth University entrance exams! Watch

Abigail02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So who is sitting them??
On Tuesday next week, I will be sitting the Aberystwyth entrance exams in my college. I will be sitting creative writing and psychology! Who else is sitting them? What has everybody revised?
JordanP_27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'll be sitting them at my college as well, Computer Science and Information Technology is what I'll be sitting!

Good luck!
ralphbr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Abigail02)
So who is sitting them??
On Tuesday next week, I will be sitting the Aberystwyth entrance exams in my college. I will be sitting creative writing and psychology! Who else is sitting them? What has everybody revised?
I'm doing the History (Europe and America) and Politics papers. I'm really struggling with what to revise, especially as there are no mark schemes!!

Good luck to everyone x
Advertisement
JordanP_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ralphbr)
I'm doing the History (Europe and America) and Politics papers. I'm really struggling with what to revise, especially as there are no mark schemes!!

Good luck to everyone x
I found with the case of Computer Science and IT, it follows a pattern every year, so I know what to expect in some places. Maybe check for patterns for your papers.

Good luck!
Abigail02
Rep:
?
(Original post by JordanP_27)
I'll be sitting them at my college as well, Computer Science and Information Technology is what I'll be sitting!

Good luck!
good luck!!
Advertisement
Abigail02
Rep:
?

Good luck to everyone x
me too! I am really confused as to what's actually on my papers
JordanP_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
me too! I am really confused as to what's actually on my papers
Look at the past papers, identify patterns or repetition that can help you revise for it, just looking at Creative Writing, you know you have to write a story based on one of four subjects, do a short commentary on that. For Psychology, the first 4 questions of Section A have always been the same:

1. Identify any problems with the data gathering method used here.
2. How might the design be improved?
3. Identify a positive aspect of the design implemented.
4. What are the ethical considerations involved?

Hope that helps!
Advertisement
Abigail02
Rep:
?
Look at the past papers, identify patterns or repetition that can help you revise for it, just looking at Creative Writing, you know you have to write a story based on one of four subjects, do a short commentary on that. For Psychology, the first 4 questions of Section A have always been the same:

1. Identify any problems with the data gathering method used here.
2. How might the design be improved?
3. Identify a positive aspect of the design implemented.
4. What are the ethical considerations involved?

Hope that helps!
thank you so much!! I didn't actually notice the pattern lmao
JordanP_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thank you so much!! I didn't actually notice the pattern lmao
Yeah, I noticed that questions often repeat themselves the year after, sometimes with one or two things different or even exactly the same.
Advertisement
Aberystwyth University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So who is sitting them??
Hi there Abigail02,

Glad to hear that you'll be sitting the Entrance Exams tomorrow, good luck!
Aberystwyth University
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Good luck!
Good luck JordanP_27
Advertisement
Aberystwyth University
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Good luck to everyone x
Good luck ralphbr
Abigail02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aberystwyth University)
Hi there Abigail02,

Glad to hear that you'll be sitting the Entrance Exams tomorrow, good luck!
Thank you!
Advertisement
aime.tonkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am doing the history British Isles and politics paper and I am also stuggling. what have you revised so far?
ralphbr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aime.tonkin)
I am doing the history British Isles and politics paper and I am also stuggling. what have you revised so far?
I'm doing Europe and America so not really sure I can help but I've found just making exam answer plans for various questions quite helpful!
aime.tonkin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm doing Europe and America so not really sure I can help but I've found just making exam answer plans for various questions quite helpful!
That's simialr to what I have been doing.
thank you
ralphbr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aime.tonkin)
That's simialr to what I have been doing.
thank you
It’s the Section A questions which I think I’ll struggle with!!
Advertisement
pastel.roses
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Late to the party but I'm taking Computer Science and Psychology tomorrow. I'm kinda worried for Psychology though since they don't have marks for each section listed and I'm used to having them so I know how long my answers need to be.....
JordanP_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First paper of the day done! How did everybody find it?

pastel.roses I found the CompSci one great, they literally didn't change the last question on IoT, luckily I revised it and did that question, so I think I'm good for CompSci, just my IT one left now.
pastel.roses
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First paper of the day done! How did everybody find it?

pastel.roses I found the CompSci one great, they literally didn't change the last question on IoT, luckily I revised it and did that question, so I think I'm good for CompSci, just my IT one left now.
That was the one question I didn’t do!!! I think it went okay though, I had no idea what one of the units was but I just guessed and hoped for the best. Good luck with IT!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (350)
66.92%
No (173)
33.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed