blood test

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
need some advice got to have a blood test to check my liver function how long can the result take as the result as to go my hospital but my docs are doing the bloods for them can they be quick
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
need some advice got to have a blood test to check my liver function how long can the result take as the result as to go my hospital but my docs are doing the bloods for them can they be quick
It depends.
It can quite often be a couple of weeks though before the doctors get the results.
Remember the hospital are processing so much blood, that unfortunately it all takes time.
I guess the only thing the Doctor can do is mark it urgent. Good luck. X
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Karisa96)
It depends.
It can quite often be a couple of weeks though before the doctors get the results.
Remember the hospital are processing so much blood, that unfortunately it all takes time.
I guess the only thing the Doctor can do is mark it urgent. Good luck. X
Hi I was told a day and the hospital need to see it to but they said my docs can do
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
normally 2 days
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
Can be as little as a few hours if it's urgent, eg you're in A&E or your GP is extremely worried / you have history of ill-health.

If it's routine it will most likely be 2-3 days. But if you have a great GP/hospital that isn't as busy and/or send bloods more than once daily you could get the results in 24 hours

(I work in a GP surgery lol)
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
wife a district nurse.daughter works in the lab at the hospital. im just a very high user of the blood tests im lucky. indeed urgent ones can be much faster unless your getting an odd test. then it may take ages
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
it takes a week to get results at my surgery
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi I was told a day and the hospital need to see it to but they said my docs can do
Well that sounds positive. X
Anonymous #1
Can be as little as a few hours if it's urgent, eg you're in A&E or your GP is extremely worried / you have history of ill-health.

If it's routine it will most likely be 2-3 days. But if you have a great GP/hospital that isn't as busy and/or send bloods more than once daily you could get the results in 24 hours

(I work in a GP surgery lol)
i was told a day and its to check my liver function
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
i was told a day and its to check my liver function
If you were told a day, then it's probably gonna take a day..!

Why did you ask this question if the people doing your bloods told you how long it would probably take? lol
Anonymous #1
If you were told a day, then it's probably gonna take a day..!

Why did you ask this question if the people doing your bloods told you how long it would probably take? lol
Yeah but it might not be true as the receptionist only told me this
~Sara~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
mine normally take 1 day
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah but it might not be true as the receptionist only told me this
The receptionist working at your surgery has a much better idea than a bunch of people on the internet who may not even live in the same country as you. If they don't come back in 1 day, just call the next day.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
The receptionist working at your surgery has a much better idea than a bunch of people on the internet who may not even live in the same country as you. If they don't come back in 1 day, just call the next day.
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads