The Student Room Group

Uncle drove off without me

Me and my uncle were supposed to be going shopping maybe do a few other stuff then pick up my other uncle. Only one of my uncles drive and I havent passed my test yet so its hard to go out with both at the same time plus the uncle who drives works long so its hard for him. Anyway yesturday my uncle that drives was off so was the other uncle that doesnt drive and I was off college then we thought shall we all go out. Basically the uncle that didnt drive wasnt free till later though so my uncle that did drive picked me up from my house so we thought well pick up my other uncle later. We went shopping and my uncle brought me a few stuff so he took me home so I can drop off the stuff then we were supposed to be picking up my other uncle because he messaged that he was free, so my uncle takes me to mine and I say wait here then go and put the stuff in my house, I come back but my uncles car has just gone so I think he mightve just turned round or something but no 5 mins later still no sign of him. I went to ask my neighbour if they saw where he went I just said "did you see a dark blue Toyota Corolla out side my house driving off" then he says was it quite an old one so I say "it is but it has a private plate on" then he just says he saw it turning right at the end of my road. I just dont know where he went and I tried ring him but hes not answering but I know hes ok because it came up as engaged and I tried ringing on annoymosly then he declined it because he doesnt answer annoymos calls. Im glad hes ok but I just dont know why he drove off. Weve had no big arguments. We had small disagreement because I was supposed to go to his house after college as its on the same road but I did go but all his doors were locked so I could get in so he was saying why didnt I go so I said then he was saying he left his window open, this was a few days ago though plus he said its fine. I just dont know why he drove off and hes not answering any calls, hes not declining them hes just not picking up.

Does anyone else know what I can do?
I could go to his house but its just effort getting the bus all the way then him not being in. If i has passed my test I wouldve just drove over.
Reply 1
Firstly, try not to worry so much. I'm sure there's a perfectly acceptable explanation for this, but you panicking and worrying might blow things out of proportion and make them worse.

Send your uncle a text out of courtesy just to let him know that whatever has happened, you hope he's okay and you're ready to talk whenever he is, and that you hope to hear from him soon. Then he knows you're being mature about the situation and you won't flip out, he might be able to speak to you like an adult this way rather than you just ringing him non stop which could be stressing him out, especially since you don't know the circumstances.
Don't get upset/angry about anything until you're sure of what's gone on. All you can do is wait. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ARCDN
Firstly, try not to worry so much. I'm sure there's a perfectly acceptable explanation for this, but you panicking and worrying might blow things out of proportion and make them worse.

Send your uncle a text out of courtesy just to let him know that whatever has happened, you hope he's okay and you're ready to talk whenever he is, and that you hope to hear from him soon. Then he knows you're being mature about the situation and you won't flip out, he might be able to speak to you like an adult this way rather than you just ringing him non stop which could be stressing him out, especially since you don't know the circumstances.
Don't get upset/angry about anything until you're sure of what's gone on. All you can do is wait. Good luck :smile:

Im sure hes ok because also his facebook has been active. Im not angry im just worriec if hes fallen out with me or something. Ive sent him a few text yesturday just seeing if he got confused or anything.
Reply 3
Original post by historyburg
make a car out of cheese and then drive around wherever you cheese (this is a pun cos it rhymes with please)

Seriously its not a joke I legit have lost him
Ring your aunt or another family member who knows her number.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Ring your aunt or another family member who knows her number.

Ive spoke to another uncle but hes not heard from either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending