Why aren't i losing weight?

Watch
AishaAisha1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I was 128.2 pounds on January 1st and I haven't lost any weight since? I've been eating less than 1200 calories a day and doing an hour of exercise per day (its usually speed walking) I'm trying really really hard but still nothing? I know that stress can cause you to not lose weight and I am a bit stressed but not that much so idk. Help??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AishaAisha1234)
I was 128.2 pounds on January 1st and I haven't lost any weight since? I've been eating less than 1200 calories a day and doing an hour of exercise per day (its usually speed walking) I'm trying really really hard but still nothing? I know that stress can cause you to not lose weight and I am a bit stressed but not that much so idk. Help??
Because you are not at a consistent accurate calorific deficit.

Are you weighing all your food on scales and recording all your food intake?
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sooo, firstly 58kg is a pretty decent weight so I wouldn't recommend losing more. However, it's in your hands.
1200 calories does not work for everyone, it depends on your body and your metabolism.
Another thing is, you have to eat clean, it's not only the amount of calories your consuming, it's about the foods these calories are coming from, incorporate healthy fats like avocado, as well as protein (fish, meat) etc.
You may have heard this before but 70% of this journey is your diet and nutrition and the 30% is your exercise regime.
Also, try to mix up your exercise a little, so cycling, incline treadmill walking, running intervals, rowing, an elliptical machine? This may help because it brings your heart rate up.
Another thing, if you can, maybe start incorporating weights into your exercise? Start where your comfortable but weight exercises can also help you to lose weight as well as tone up. I'm not sure if this is something you want to do but yeah...
Cardio exercises are good at increasing your heart rate but you stop burning calories soon after you finish the exercise however, with weight exercises, you continue to burn calories possibly 2-3 hours after you have finished doing the activity.
I hope this helps It's pretty much what helped me, I wouldn't say just stick to weights or cardio, but you could mix it up and this could help. All the best.
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TeenRose29)
Sooo, firstly 58kg is a pretty decent weight so I wouldn't recommend losing more. However, it's in your hands.
1200 calories does not work for everyone, it depends on your body and your metabolism.
Another thing is, you have to eat clean, it's not only the amount of calories your consuming, it's about the foods these calories are coming from, incorporate healthy fats like avocado, as well as protein (fish, meat) etc.
You may have heard this before but 70% of this journey is your diet and nutrition and the 30% is your exercise regime.
Also, try to mix up your exercise a little, so cycling, incline treadmill walking, running intervals, rowing, an elliptical machine? This may help because it brings your heart rate up.
Another thing, if you can, maybe start incorporating weights into your exercise? Start where your comfortable but weight exercises can also help you to lose weight as well as tone up. I'm not sure if this is something you want to do but yeah...
Cardio exercises are good at increasing your heart rate but you stop burning calories soon after you finish the exercise however, with weight exercises, you continue to burn calories possibly 2-3 hours after you have finished doing the activity.
I hope this helps It's pretty much what helped me, I wouldn't say just stick to weights or cardio, but you could mix it up and this could help. All the best.
This post is complete nonsense. Ignore it.

All that matters for weight loss is calories in and calories out. If you're not losing weight then you need to consume fewer calories.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by illusionz)

All that matters for weight loss is calories in and calories out. If you're not losing weight then you need to consume fewer calories.
^^ this is nonsense. Losing weight is about being in a calorie deficit and that can be done by reducing calories (which needs to be carefully managed to maintain a healthy diet) and/or a healthy diet and burning off some calories with exetcise.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by illusionz)

Exercising and adding weights like TeenRose29 said removes any excess fat whilst maintaining a healthy weight.. 58KG is pretty good but there may be excess fat which can be removed through cardio, not speed walking but something close to HIIT or if that's too hard then skipping. Adding weights will ensure your body will be toned... Just consuming fewer calories isn't a good idea.
David Getling
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AishaAisha1234)
When you eat less the body tries to lower its metabolic rate, to compensate. This is why it's better to not put on weight in the first place, and why exercise is also important, as it forces the body to burn calories.

Two other points. Unless you are very short, 128 pounds doesn't seem to be that much. Also, despite what the adverts say, diets simply aren't a good way of losing weight. You might lose weight while on one, but as soon as you come off the weight goes straight back on. A moderate lifestyle with exercise is by far the best approach.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (323)
34.36%
No (617)
65.64%

Watched Threads