Full time work or uni Watch

Blue_skies124
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Not sure whether to go straight in to work or go to uni because if I work full time I’ll be earning money to help out my parents but if I go to uni it could perhaps lead to a better career. Or should I go for an apprenticeship
Last edited by Blue_skies124; 4 weeks ago
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're a low income household, you will likely qualify for a lot of financial help from loans and the uni. It could be that this allows you to send some money to family; plus a part time job will help top up funds?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
True I just don’t want to give up my education
And the only reason I work hard is so that I can give my mum everything I can once I am successful but she doesn’t understand that
True but my mums planning on divorcing my dad so it would be hard to pay or the mortgage and that would mean my mum would have to work again but she’s not well enough to so I think I’d have to
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
True I just don’t want to give up my education
And the only reason I work hard is so that I can give my mum everything I can once I am successful but she doesn’t understand that
True but my mums planning on divorcing my dad so it would be hard to pay or the mortgage and that would mean my mum would have to work again but she’s not well enough to so I think I’d have to
Is there option like part time study or to study locally?

Have you spoken to a teacher about this too? May sound odd but perhaps they may be able to help advise.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Yh true I’m thinking of doing that
I’ll probably get a part time job and then study hopefully
yaseen1000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you considered open University?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't call ur dad useless
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
Full time work then uni?

I think you'll find most of your managers at ful time work have degrees in something but if you want to just find out how they apply that into work, then I wouldn't stop you. If you want to goto university (at a young age doesn't make a difference in a few cases, uni aimmed at all ages groups) then I can't really stop you. I went to uni whenever I had that chance. So i can't really answer. I thought I wouldn't get a job if I hadn't got to uni. I thought no one will like me at work to be honest and I would get sacked quickly. no joke. so I went to uni.

You're always going to have famliy problems, so don't let them get to you. Do seek help and maybe get that full time job if you think those issues are getting in the way of the education. my family were supportive of me going to uni, so I suppose I had that good.
Last edited by rcmotorboy; 4 weeks ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
At the moment, for alevels I’m doing biology chemistry and philosophy
And I’m thinking of going down the science route
But my mums not well enough to work and my dads just useless
And my mum was saying how I’d have to give up my education to do full time work to support the family
But I don’t want to and it’s not fair how I have to ruin my life because of my useless dad so it might mean I won’t go to uni but I feel like if I want to go down the science route I need to go to uni
why don't part-time work and go uni? but other than that your parents seem selfish imo
Last edited by 1st superstar; 4 weeks ago
Kundan641
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
money problems
JDSciMaths
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't call ur dad useless
Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t know their situation, it may well be completely justified.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JDSciMaths)
Don’t be ridiculous, you don’t know their situation, it may well be completely justified.
No. Speak good about your parents or don't speak about them at all.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. Speak good about your parents or don't speak about them at all.
Nah. Some parents are c*nts and deserve to be called out. They aren't some mystical being above criticism
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Yh sorry if I came across as rude I was just upset
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads