Best places to live in wales Watch

Glittermuke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve lived in Swansea for 17 years I’m probs going to Swansea uni but after I finish uni I’d like to move out of Swansea because there’s some ****ty people I’d like to get away from and when I go out I see them around and ugh they suck. So where’s nice places to live in wales apart from Swansea (nothing wrong with Swansea it’s just I want a change and to be far away from those people)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Glittermuke)
I’ve lived in Swansea for 17 years I’m probs going to Swansea uni but after I finish uni I’d like to move out of Swansea because there’s some ****ty people I’d like to get away from and when I go out I see them around and ugh they suck. So where’s nice places to live in wales apart from Swansea (nothing wrong with Swansea it’s just I want a change and to be far away from those people)
I would say Cardiff due to the fast train to London.

You could say I'm biased
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)

You could say I'm biased
I totally disagree with you. Cardiff has its good points but also bad as well. Lovely shopping area but then places like the Capitol Centre are practically empty. With Swansea it depends very much on the area. There are really nice areas near stunning beaches. There are no really nice beaches in Cardiff. Barry is probably the best but is nowhere near as nice as Rhossili or Three Cliffs. The area from Swansea to Mumbles is stunning and Cardiff doesnt have an area to compare with that. Some of Swansea's estates and top end of High Street are not too great but then neither are places like Llanedeyrn or Fairwater. It depends what OP really wants as areas of Wales offer different things. North Wales offers stunning beaches and mountains.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As above, there are loads of nice places depending on what you are looking for. Lots of nice places outside of Wales too
Mabey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For me the best places are any of the nearby suburbs/towns with train stations that go straight to cardiff/swansea and are quite nearby. Maybe I'm quite biased since I've lived in south wales my whole life but I love that there's countryside and the beach AND a decent city nearby whilst also being quiet, safe and cheap. This is just what I like though, you might be different
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)

You could say I'm biased
Yes I’ve heard that Cardiff is a nice place to live and I’ve been various times too.
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
As above, there are loads of nice places depending on what you are looking for. Lots of nice places outside of Wales too
I don’t want to go too far. I don’t want to be far away from family but I want to be far away from the crappy people I want to leave behind
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mabey)
For me the best places are any of the nearby suburbs/towns with train stations that go straight to cardiff/swansea and are quite nearby. Maybe I'm quite biased since I've lived in south wales my whole life but I love that there's countryside and the beach AND a decent city nearby whilst also being quiet, safe and cheap. This is just what I like though, you might be different
I’d like to get out of Swansea though
tomos_g
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Carmarthen's nice
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’d like to get out of Swansea though
What do you actually want. Getting away from a few people isnt the answer. Do you want a city environment or a beach environment. Are you looking for a big place, small place etc.
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
What do you actually want. Getting away from a few people isnt the answer. Do you want a city environment or a beach environment. Are you looking for a big place, small place etc.
City place, big place. Loads of opportunities and good shopping centre
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
City place, big place. Loads of opportunities and good shopping centre
Please see my detailed response by pm.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cardiff is a nice place and I've visited a couple times.
Nousername2431
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I live just outside Swansea and get what you mean. But in order to help you decide where to go what sort of place are you looking for? Small town? City?
Glittermuke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nousername2431)
I live just outside Swansea and get what you mean. But in order to help you decide where to go what sort of place are you looking for? Small town? City?
City
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
City
In that case, Cardiff and Newport would be the obvious options. I would go for Cardiff.
Last edited by black tea; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.76%
No (108)
32.24%

Watched Threads