The Student Room Group

Complaint

So I made a complaint to my tutor via email as she told me to put it in an email, she forwarded my email to the student I made a complaint about!! Where do I stand
Original post by Sallib
So I made a complaint to my tutor via email as she told me to put it in an email, she forwarded my email to the student I made a complaint about!! Where do I stand

Well did you not expect the other student to find out that someone made a complaint about them?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Well did you not expect the other student to find out that someone made a complaint about them?

No because it was supposed to be confident
Original post by Sallib
No because it was supposed to be confident

For it to be dealt with, the other student would need to know. If you wanted it to be confidential, did you make it clear to the tutor?
Reply 4
For it to be dealt with, the other student would need to know. If you wanted it to be confidential, did you make it clear to the tutor?

Yes, but she surely shouldn’t of forwarded what I had put?? She sent the email I sent to her,
Reply 5
Original post by Sallib
Yes, but she surely shouldn’t of forwarded what I had put?? She sent the email I sent to her,

Surely she should have had a word with the student not sent my email to her
Original post by Sallib

I guess she felt that was the right thing to do. Speak to her directly about it.
Reply 7
Original post by Sallib

I guess she felt that was the right thing to do. Speak to her directly about it.

Ok, but surely that’s breaking some sort of rules with confidentiality??
Original post by Sallib

What did the complaint entail?

Did you make it clear to the lecturer that you considered it a confidential email between you and her?
Reply 9
Original post by PhoenixFortune
What did the complaint entail?

Did you make it clear to the lecturer that you considered it a confidential email between you and her?

Yes I made it clear it was between me and her,
Reply 10
Original post by Sallib
Yes I made it clear it was between me and her,

Another student going to the pub during college hours and doing drugs
thats incredibly weird
Reply 12
Why??
Reply 13
I just want to know what I do??
Reply 14
Original post by Sallib
I just want to know what I do??

I’m worried the student will turn nasty or violent towards me and there be an atmosphere in the class room
Original post by Sallib
Another student going to the pub during college hours and doing drugs

How old is the student in question? Presumably under 18. Do you have proof that they were drinking alcohol and doing drugs though? You can go into a pub without buying alcohol.
Reply 16
Original post by Sallib
I just want to know what I

How old is the student in question? Presumably under 18. Do you have proof that they were drinking alcohol and doing drugs though? You can go into a pub without buying alcohol.

The student is an adult, I don’t have proof but she is very open about what she’s doing!! She tells me she’s been to the pub and does drugs and tells other students
Reply 17
Original post by Sallib
The student is an adult, I don’t have proof but she is very open about what she’s doing!! She tells me she’s been to the pub and does drugs and tells other students

The tutor has her suspicion too but can’t prove it she told me
Original post by Sallib

As the student is an adult, unless the college you attend has a strict no drink/drugs policy (usually on college grounds), then they can't really punish her. They can advise her not to do what she's doing, but that's probably all they can say.

If it's directly affecting her work, then that's another matter. At the moment though, just her boasting about her supposed exploits isn't really enough proof. Also, why did you feel compelled to make the complaint? Is she disrupting your/others' studying?
Reply 19
As the student is an adult, unless the college you attend has a strict no drink/drugs policy (usually on college grounds), then they can't really punish her. They can advise her not to do what she's doing, but that's probably all they can say.

If it's directly affecting her work, then that's another matter. At the moment though, just her boasting about her supposed exploits isn't really enough proof. Also, why did you feel compelled to make the complaint? Is she disrupting your/others' studying?

Yes, she is very loud and acts up in class, plus we’re in a beauty room using products and machines, and hot equipment, so if she is under the influence of drink or drugs it can be a danger to us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending