finnidris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

I'm in the process of applying to UvA to read Sociology, and I was wondering if anyone on here had any tips on student housing in Amsterdam? I already know that student accommodation is high in demand and expensive etc, but are there any reccommendations on where is best? I know that in university cities in the UK there are Student Halls that have different reputations (some more fun than others, some to be avoided, etc.) - is it the same in Amsterdam? I've already done my research on Intreeweeks etc, but I'd love to pick accommodation that can really boost my time in Amsterdam!

Thank you so much to anyone who answers (and congratulations to anyone who can even understand what I'm trying to say lol)!
pdesayshi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by finnidris)
Hi!

I'm in the process of applying to UvA to read Sociology, and I was wondering if anyone on here had any tips on student housing in Amsterdam? I already know that student accommodation is high in demand and expensive etc, but are there any reccommendations on where is best? I know that in university cities in the UK there are Student Halls that have different reputations (some more fun than others, some to be avoided, etc.) - is it the same in Amsterdam? I've already done my research on Intreeweeks etc, but I'd love to pick accommodation that can really boost my time in Amsterdam!

Thank you so much to anyone who answers (and congratulations to anyone who can even understand what I'm trying to say lol)!
Hi! I also have an offer for Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology from UvA. I read that the uni reserves some rooms for students (though limited ones) but private companies also help. As for location, I'm just as clueless lol, but it might be a good idea to look away from the city centre as it's bound to be more expensive. Idk though.
Stef1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I believe that the uni has some housing available on the Science Park Campus for international students. Furthermore, there are websites like “duwo” and there is info on student housing through the international student network (isn). Also there are multiple Facebook groups out there with names like “kamer in Amsterdam” “woonruimte Amsterdam” “kamers gezocht in Amsterdam” and English equivalents such as find a room in Amsterdam student housing Amsterdam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads