retrix2102
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am confused about choosing between the University of Southampton and the University of Liverpool. I will be studying MSc Business Analytics. Which one should I go to?
Which is better in terms of getting a job after the studies as I have to pay back my loans.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by retrix2102)
I am confused about choosing between the University of Southampton and the University of Liverpool. I will be studying MSc Business Analytics. Which one should I go to?
Which is better in terms of getting a job after the studies as I have to pay back my loans.
Ask each university for the statistics on the proportion of graduates in work after completing the course and the sort of work they go into.

Universities have this data it just isn’t currently published.
Hakz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both reputable universities so try to base your decision on other factors e.g. location, module options, nightlife, extra-curricular activities etc.
retrix2102
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hakz)
Both reputable universities so try to base your decision on other factors e.g. location, module options, nightlife, extra-curricular activities etc.
Do you have any idea about their reputation among the employers?
Hakz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have any idea about their reputation among the employers?
Both are respectable Russell group universities and going to one over the other isn't going to put you at an advantage. I went to a relatively worse university and doing quite well at the moment.

Both are more than good enough to get you the job you want. Whether you'll be the best candidate depends on your level of experience and other factors. Hope this helps
retrix2102
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hakz)
Both are respectable Russell group universities and going to one over the other isn't going to put you at an advantage. I went to a relatively worse university and doing quite well at the moment.

Both are more than good enough to get you the job you want. Whether you'll be the best candidate depends on your level of experience and other factors. Hope this helps
Haven't you applied for MSc Finance at Liverpool? I have about a year of experience in Oracle PL/SQL and networking. Will that be an advantage?
Hakz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Haven't you applied for MSc Finance at Liverpool? I have about a year of experience in Oracle PL/SQL and networking. Will that be an advantage?
Yup I start my masters this September there. And of course the more programming or software experience you have the better. Additionally, you get to learn even more during your masters. It could range from Stata, R, Eviews, Matlab, VBA etc.

I wouldn't worry too much if I was you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?