EU migrant worker- maintenance loan 2020 HELP!! Watch

Queen 546
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
HI. I am an EU national and so is my mum. I went into into in 2018 and I was only 4 years in the UK so couldn't apply as a UK resident.
I applied as a child of an EU migrant worker. In 2019-2020 however, my mum has an issue with her knee and therefore cant work us much . I sent in pay slips and sick notes, however after several months of progress, they seemed me ineligible. I am so bewildered cos we are already suffering to make ends meet with my mums illness and now no maintenance loan???

I really dont know what to do to pay my rent this year and its affecting my studies. My mum married a Nigerian man so he is a family member of an EU national. I dont know if I can apply if him as a step child of a migrant worker oa he has a settlement status and everything.

I really hope I can because I am so desperate and in need. I am also too scared to take private loans when I am already so broke. The interest will kill me.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Queen 546)
HI. I am an EU national and so is my mum. I went into into in 2018 and I was only 4 years in the UK so couldn't apply as a UK resident.
I applied as a child of an EU migrant worker. In 2019-2020 however, my mum has an issue with her knee and therefore cant work us much . I sent in pay slips and sick notes, however after several months of progress, they seemed me ineligible. I am so bewildered cos we are already suffering to make ends meet with my mums illness and now no maintenance loan???

I really dont know what to do to pay my rent this year and its affecting my studies. My mum married a Nigerian man so he is a family member of an EU national. I dont know if I can apply if him as a step child of a migrant worker oa he has a settlement status and everything.

I really hope I can because I am so desperate and in need. I am also too scared to take private loans when I am already so broke. The interest will kill me.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
Hi there,

Are you currently working in the UK?

Thanks, Erin
Queen 546
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yes I am but it's only part time and they were like my hours are too small
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Queen 546)
Yes I am but it's only part time and they were like my hours are too small
If you are not working enough to show you are financially supporting yourself then you would then only be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student.

Thanks, Erin
Queen 546
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can someone suggest good alternatives to SFE with lower interest rates
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.2%
No (184)
32.8%

Watched Threads