?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Is anyone in the march tarc course at Halton
Wolf335
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hoping to be if capita finally sort my medical....
Clarkey482
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Wolf335)
Hoping to be if capita finally sort my medical....
Have capita sorted out your medical?
the_worrier
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am.
Last edited by the_worrier; 1 month ago
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Clarkey482)
Have capita sorted out your medical?
Got my date for it finally in 2 weeks time, been such a long process fingers crossed it goes well, fitness test soon after and off to TaRC
Serge333
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long were you’s waiting for your medical? I’m still waiting on the army releasing my old medical docs, but I’ve been waiting 3 months now! Still waiting on my RAF medical and fitness test, but none of it can be done until they get these docs from the Army. I’m starting to pull my hair out now!
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Serge333)
How long were you’s waiting for your medical? I’m still waiting on the army releasing my old medical docs, but I’ve been waiting 3 months now! Still waiting on my RAF medical and fitness test, but none of it can be done until they get these docs from the Army. I’m starting to pull my hair out now!
My initial request went in back at the end of September/start October. I literally had to chase Glasgow central office pretty much weekly myself as well as my RAF recruiter doing the same, they denied they'd been requested even though they had been. They finally acknowledged that they did have rhe request and processed it 2 weeks ago. Niw have medical in weeks time.
Serge333
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My initial request went in back at the end of September/start October. I literally had to chase Glasgow central office pretty much weekly myself as well as my RAF recruiter doing the same, they denied they'd been requested even though they had been. They finally acknowledged that they did have rhe request and processed it 2 weeks ago. Niw have medical in weeks time.
Ah right, I didn’t know we could chase it up ourselves, I’ll get Onto them and do the same thing myself, I’m starting to lose the will to live. I was hoping I’d be in by now or at least have a start date. I thought it would have been a pretty quick process being ex army. But I have been out a while so mine will probably be covered in dust at the bottom of a pile somewhere!
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah right, I didn’t know we could chase it up ourselves, I’ll get Onto them and do the same thing myself, I’m starting to lose the will to live. I was hoping I’d be in by now or at least have a start date. I thought it would have been a pretty quick process being ex army. But I have been out a while so mine will probably be covered in dust at the bottom of a pile somewhere!
Get on their case as much as you can, but be aware their office hours for calling is only 9am - 12pm. You have that 3 hr window only. I spoke to so many different people there and they all gave conflicting info, I'd ring one day and be told we've processed requests but call 2 days later to see if they'd sent them only to be told we haven't got a request for them.

When I last spoke to them couple weeks back I was advised this is their idea of fast tracking and can in some cases take them upto 8 month to release them as they have a back log of work for that length of time. Inwas effectively told i should be grateful its happened so quickly 😒....

I was like you and thought ex Army be a quick process, but the Army have been horrendous and a stumbling block when should be a simple process. The RAF in other hand have been absolutely brilliant about the whole thing and moved it all along briskly, informed me each time they chased etc. Once my docs arrived i had my appointment sent to me so quickly.

What trade you going for..
Serge333
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get on their case as much as you can, but be aware their office hours for calling is only 9am - 12pm. You have that 3 hr window only. I spoke to so many different people there and they all gave conflicting info, I'd ring one day and be told we've processed requests but call 2 days later to see if they'd sent them only to be told we haven't got a request for them.

When I last spoke to them couple weeks back I was advised this is their idea of fast tracking and can in some cases take them upto 8 month to release them as they have a back log of work for that length of time. Inwas effectively told i should be grateful its happened so quickly 😒....

I was like you and thought ex Army be a quick process, but the Army have been horrendous and a stumbling block when should be a simple process. The RAF in other hand have been absolutely brilliant about the whole thing and moved it all along briskly, informed me each time they chased etc. Once my docs arrived i had my appointment sent to me so quickly.

What trade you going for..
Ooh 8 months! That sounds like my kind of luck, haha.

I’m going for RAF Police. I’m at an age now where I’m not bothered about doing a disliked trade! I’ve been out since 2007 though, but done CP work out in Iraq and Afghan for the majority of that time up until a couple of years ago. I would have gone back in the army, but I’m 38 now and too old for them! But noticed the RAF had altered there upper age limit so I’ve decided to go for that.
how about you? What are you looking at going into? Have you been made an offer on rank or salary yet?
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ooh 8 months! That sounds like my kind of luck, haha.

I’m going for RAF Police. I’m at an age now where I’m not bothered about doing a disliked trade! I’ve been out since 2007 though, but done CP work out in Iraq and Afghan for the majority of that time up until a couple of years ago. I would have gone back in the army, but I’m 38 now and too old for them! But noticed the RAF had altered there upper age limit so I’ve decided to go for that.
how about you? What are you looking at going into? Have you been made an offer on rank or salary yet?
Typical Army though always like to take their time doing something in return for us 😂

I'm similar to you came out at same time as well. Im 39 and wanted back in thought I'd have no chance then saw RAF upper limit, enquired and liked what i saw and heard. I was considering Police myself and what I put in as my initial choice but have decided to go down the supply route, purely because of experience I've gained outside in civvy Street since i left Army and with my background I have I'm hoping to get a chance at tactical supply. Plus I figure when I'm old I'll have a trade i can use fir a few years part time whilst waiting for pension.

No offer on rank or salary as yet, but AFCO said will see if he can get near to what I had with Rank. I'm not to worried though be nice to do something useful again.
Last edited by Wolf335; 1 month ago
Serge333
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Typical Army though always like to take their time doing something in return for us 😂

I'm similar to you came out at same time as well. Im 39 and wanted back in thought I'd have no chance then saw RAF upper limit, enquired and liked what i saw and heard. I was considering Police myself and what I put in as my initial choice but have decided to go down the supply route, purely because of experience I've gained outside in civvy Street since i left Army and with my background I have I'm hoping to get a chance at tactical supply. Plus I figure when I'm old I'll have a trade i can use fir a few years part time whilst waiting for pension.

No offer on rank or salary as yet, but AFCO said will see if he can get near to what I had with Rank. I'm not to worried though be nice to do something useful again.
Yeah, I don’t know why I was expecting anything different from the Army to be honest! I was hoping after these years they’d have streamlined the way they do things a bit! I’ll have to get onto Glasgow ASAP, just for the comedy value by the sounds of it to see what excuses they tell me!

Happy days mate. I hope it all works out for you. Fingers crossed I won’t be too far behind you with my application!
Clarkey482
Rep:
?
Got my date for it finally in 2 weeks time, been such a long process fingers crossed it goes well, fitness test soon after and off to TaRC
I think u will be on the same one as me then! The process from first submitting my application has took 5 months I’m a rejoiner not a transferee though my offer of service literally took about 3 days to come through and my nsv was completed in 5 days!
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think u will be on the same one as me then! The process from first submitting my application has took 5 months I’m a rejoiner not a transferee though my offer of service literally took about 3 days to come through and my nsv was completed in 5 days!
Hopefully see you there then mate. RAF guys been brilliant throughout so once medical & physical done can't see it taking long at all. Just the Army has been a pain in the arse
Clarkey482
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_worrier)
I am.
Are you on the first or second course in March
the_worrier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you on the first or second course in March
There are 2!? Not sure.
Serge333
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How often are the Tarc courses, does anyone know? I spoke to Glasgow yesterday about releasing my med docs, and laid it on thick about how much I need them as I’m out of work at the minute (which I’m not!), trying to plead to their more caring side, but I don’t think the woman I spoke to had one! She said she’ll see if their is anything she can do. I’m not holding my breath! Every day it goes on I suppose it’s another day of improving my fitness! Or should be anyway!
Wolf335
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How often are the Tarc courses, does anyone know? I spoke to Glasgow yesterday about releasing my med docs, and laid it on thick about how much I need them as I’m out of work at the minute (which I’m not!), trying to plead to their more caring side, but I don’t think the woman I spoke to had one! She said she’ll see if their is anything she can do. I’m not holding my breath! Every day it goes on I suppose it’s another day of improving my fitness! Or should be anyway!
Not sure how often but when I last spoke to my recruiter he told there's 2 in March and 1 for definite in April. Im hopeful that once medical is out the way next week i may bag a place in the 2nd March course.

Btw the Glasgow have no heart😂 I have actually been out of work doing the odd temp bits for months and still no haste from them in sorting docs.. Hopefully you have more luck.
the_worrier
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anybody who is attending a TaRC in March had JI’s?
Clarkey482
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the_worrier)
Has anybody who is attending a TaRC in March had JI’s?
Yes do you want me to send u a copy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads