This discussion is closed.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SnowMiku)
I have no idea who the proposed actor is.

Also, may I point out (contrary to the motion's statement) that 007 can inspire everyone. Well, if espionage and a lot of stunts counts as inspiring.
The point is that young boys, especially young white boys, are being left behind in terms of having cultural role models to look up to because the ‘woke’ cultural mindset of ‘diversity and inclusion’ actively seeks to take white male popular cultural characters and turn them into other demographics which leaves young white boys alienated.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Connor27)
The point is that young boys, especially young white boys, are being left behind in terms of having cultural role models to look up to because the ‘woke’ cultural mindset of ‘diversity and inclusion’ actively seeks to take white male popular cultural characters and turn them into other demographics which leaves young white boys alienated.
https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrit...ard_sherman/19

There are a number of white men on that list. I'd also Eminem, Steve Jobs, Ed Sheeran and Leonardo DiCaprio. I'm sure I could rustle up a few more if you really wanted too.

I would also add that the demographic of concern is the young white working class boys, who do not share the same background as Bond for sure.
Last edited by CatusStarbright; 3 weeks ago
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I would also add that the demographic of concern is the young white working class boys, who do not share the same background as Bond for sure.
IIRC the canon was always that Bond was a OE.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
IIRC the canon was always that Bond was a OE.
What's an OE?
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What's an OE?
OE is short for Old Etonian - I was saying that Bond isn't very white working class given the fact that he went to Eton.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OE is short for Old Etonian - I was saying that Bond isn't very white working class given the fact that he went to Eton.
Wow, next thing you'll be saying is Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't working class...
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah yes. Well of course - you were just stating to me what I already stated then :lol:
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Wow, next thing you'll be saying is Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't working class...
Has he ever been to Glaaaaaaarzegow?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Connor27 I've cracked your problem. You're trying to lament the movement towards diversity here, but that's wrong and is not helping your cause at all. What you should actually be arguing is that there still isn't sufficient diversity.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Connor27 I've cracked your problem. You're trying to lament the movement towards diversity here, but that's wrong and is not helping your cause at all. What you should actually be arguing is that there still isn't sufficient diversity.
And why should I be lamenting that?
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
CatusStarbright
Diversity for diversity's sake is not a good thing, as it leads to able candidates not being picked because of their sexuality/race/religion etc.

Pick the best candidate, and if that ends up being a straight, white, Church of England, British man, then so be it.
SankaraInBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lawrence Fox is plainly a terrible actor, and an even worse musician. I'd rather have his family member, Emilia Fox, as 007, and that's saying something!
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Connor27)
And why should I be lamenting that?
I am saying you shouldn't be.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads