Coronavirus outbreak Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So hey guys,
All these headlines about the virus is freaking me out and the fact that there’s two confirmed cases in France is even scarier as it may just reach the UK soon even thought the people tested have been negative.
I’m a paranoid person so I’m scared that occasionally coughing and headaches I have could be symptoms of the virus.
Aghhhhhh it’s so nerve wracking!!!
What do you guys think about all this?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So hey guys,
All these headlines about the virus is freaking me out and the fact that there’s two confirmed cases in France is even scarier as it may just reach the UK soon even thought the people tested have been negative.
I’m a paranoid person so I’m scared that occasionally coughing and headaches I have could be symptoms of the virus.
There's already about a 100 threads on TSR about this.

Just in this Health forum, there's 2 others. There's also a few more in the D&CA section of TSR.
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn’t worry about the symptoms, no one is confirmed to have the virus in the UK, and unless you have travelled to the effected regions in China and other global regions (if no-one from visiting the effected regions has it in the UK, you couldn’t have caught it, and even if they had, it would be one the news if it had spread to the U.K..) I sometimes get it where if I read symptoms, I begin to experience them myself (I did this and managed to convince myself I’ve had things in the past but didn’t, it’s something I sometimes really struggle with at times). If you are concerned I would talk about if with people, and if you continue to feel ill, speak with a professional (it is still generally cold and flu season). I am too quite worried, but I find it helps to talk about my worries with my family. I hope this helps
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So hey guys,
I think that there is no reason for panic. The reason it’s getting so much media attention at the moment is because it’s new and we don’t know much about it.

At present, more people die worldwide from the flu.
People and the media also seem to be forgetting that when SARS and MERS presented themselves we never actually came up with a vaccine for it — we managed to stop the spread through great infection control practices and it burned itself out.

Even if there is a confirmed case in the UK it’s not a reason for panic. What we can all do is the basics:
Keep good personal hygiene, hand hygiene is key - wash your hands. Carrying antibacterial hand wash is great as when you cough or sneeze in public (as we all do) make sure to cover your mouth with your hand as you do and then wash your hands afterward.

These simple actions make a great deal of difference when stopping the spread of any infections (flu etc included) x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (183)
61.41%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.03%
No- I want it (81)
27.18%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.38%

Watched Threads