Is this a Compliment or insult???????? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Just had a lad tell me i'm "dark but pretty ", same guy who called me "exotic" , im just indian man. it feels kinda gross being called this. aint that what you call like idk fabrics and fruits and ****. but its a compliment so someone tell me how to respond pleaseeeee
MiaNova
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah the old put an insult before a compliment type of people

Honestly I'd be more offended than anything else that the first thing they brought up was the colour of my skin :curious:
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Being pretty is a compliment.
There was no need for them to include the "dark" though, a person should be able to be attractive regardless of someone needing to refer to race.
Lilli22
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sounds like he doesn't know how ignorant he is. I suppose he thinks he's being complimentary. The "but" coming after "dark" suggests that he thinks being dark is a bad thing. He is mistaken.

Personally, if it was me I'd thank him and then try to get rid of him. I wouldn't want to be around someone like that.
Marnso
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’d take that to offence straight away. The fact that he had to say but means that the thing that was said before was offensive. Just using your looks rather than seeing you for more than that.
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just had a lad tell me i'm "dark but pretty ", same guy who called me "exotic" , im just indian man. it feels kinda gross being called this. aint that what you call like idk fabrics and fruits and ****. but its a compliment so someone tell me how to respond pleaseeeee
You're just an indian man! :rofl3:

Pretty or not...
heermeet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its both. Just call a girl pretty ffs, why bring race into it?

I've called black and white guys handsome but I've never said 'oh you're a handsome black boy' or 'you're good looking for a white guy', a handsome guy is a handsome guy ffs!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (13)
26.53%
No (28)
57.14%
Don't know (8)
16.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed