Lilysmithxoxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Is economics a good a level. I did geography at gcse and like the human side of it especially doing economic development. I know it won’t be like that but I literally have no clue what it’s like
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lilysmithxoxo)
Is economics a good a level. I did geography at gcse and like the human side of it especially doing economic development. I know it won’t be like that but I literally have no clue what it’s like
Good in what respect?

If you want to find out more about the subject, here's the AQA and Edexcel specification. You can look at the topics + descriptions.

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...36-SP-2015.PDF

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...con_A_Spec.pdf
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 6 months ago
WinterKuma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes. Personally, it is the only subject that helped me developed new skills: analysis and evaluation. It is also one of the most applicable subjects.
Lilysmithxoxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by WinterKuma)
Yes. Personally, it is the only subject that helped me developed new skills: analysis and evaluation. It is also one of the most applicable subjects.
What would u recommend taking with it? I didn’t do business at GCSE so I’m not sure about that.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What would u recommend taking with it? I didn’t do business at GCSE so I’m not sure about that.
Economics, maths and geography is a great combination. But economics can go with anything really.
meminisse19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You don’t need to have done business gcse to understand economics A level. And the maths in economics isn’t hard either
WinterKuma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
As the above users said. Most people do economics without having studied economics or business before so don't worry about that. If you want to study economics at uni then you will need maths (and further maths for the holy grail unis). But other than that choose whatever you like!

We did study economic development but just at the very end of the syllabus and only briefly (AQA). Other exam boards may have a bigger chunk of their syllabus on development so you may well check on that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (182)
38.16%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.82%
Look for a job (16)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.4%
Take a year out (83)
17.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.87%

Watched Threads