How do I cut off a toxic friend that I love? Watch

Miealaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've known this girl for coming up to 6 years now, we'd always been close although shed been closed up when I first met her.
I was close to her like usual up until a few months ago where I started putting a few pieces together which made it clear that she was toxic and bad for me, examples are she constantly flirted with my crush even though she didn't like him and would put my self esteem down by calling me ugly and useless ONLY SOMETIMES. She'd ignore me when I told her about me getting asked out and would always compete with me in a way.
The problem is, I still love her.
I look back at the texts with her and I forget all she did and said in real life, I forget her selfishness and cold gaze I just forget everything. She's bad for my health but I always try justifying it by the good things and thinking she must have family issues at home, I also know that she is or at least was crazy insecure but that's not an excuse, now is probably a good time to mention that I've already brought this up to her and shes made me feel delusional and crazy. I want to cut her off but idk what to do, she called me today and I almost picked up. I love her but I need to let her go but its killing me.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
how can you love someone thats toxic??
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Miealaw)
I've known this girl for coming up to 6 years now, we'd always been close although shed been closed up when I first met her.
I was close to her like usual up until a few months ago where I started putting a few pieces together which made it clear that she was toxic and bad for me, examples are she constantly flirted with my crush even though she didn't like him and would put my self esteem down by calling me ugly and useless ONLY SOMETIMES. She'd ignore me when I told her about me getting asked out and would always compete with me in a way.
The problem is, I still love her.
I look back at the texts with her and I forget all she did and said in real life, I forget her selfishness and cold gaze I just forget everything. She's bad for my health but I always try justifying it by the good things and thinking she must have family issues at home, I also know that she is or at least was crazy insecure but that's not an excuse, now is probably a good time to mention that I've already brought this up to her and shes made me feel delusional and crazy. I want to cut her off but idk what to do, she called me today and I almost picked up. I love her but I need to let her go but its killing me.
let her go. she does not have your best interests at heart! she is jealous and sees you as a threat!
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by goggleyed)
my EXACT thought
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What other friends do you have? You are better off without this girl, even if it limits your social circle. Don't stick with her just to have someone around.
zozomatthews
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OH I see, I constantly flirt with my friend Layal boyfriend Becky M. It only bantaaaa haha x its all g my g, don't worry honey g.... get well soon!!!
juugsailorshawty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
bc they can be perfectly fine human beings sometimes and can be endearing when you need it the most? can't just cut off someone for showing a bad side when there are many good things about them like the poster said. Not that they shouldn't be cut off but i think people are quite careful when choosing who their friends are and it's not as simple as that once you established a good relationship.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Abusive relationships are a prime example. Victims can be made to feel like they deserve it as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.37%
No (79)
51.63%
Don't know (26)
16.99%

Watched Threads