The Student Room Group

No decision from Durham

Hi. I applied for Marketing Management and all universities have made their decisions expect Durham. It’s been about 2 months now. My friend got an offer in 20 days. Does anyone know how much time it usually takes for Durham to make a decision?
Original post by Faizan Maqsood
Hi. I applied for Marketing Management and all universities have made their decisions expect Durham. It’s been about 2 months now. My friend got an offer in 20 days. Does anyone know how much time it usually takes for Durham to make a decision?

It's not really a set length of time. There's been people getting offers within a week, and people still waiting from September. They aim to reply by 31st March and will definitely reply by 2nd May :smile: Try not to worry, there's no particularly correlation to waiting time and getting an offer so there's nothing to worry about in that respect!
The honest answer isn't exactly the best but with Durham I spoke to the admin team myself as someone in my class got an offer after 6 days when I'd been waiting 4 months and basically, after the 15th of January, they collated all the applications received across the period of time, give them to the departments and from there they don't look at the applications in any specific order. So basically, you could get an offer up to any point in March as it's not 'specific' when they will review your application. One thing I will stress though is that just because it takes longer doesn't mean you have any more or less of a chance to get an offer - people who wait longer may get offers whereas people who are told sooner can be rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending