Uni offer higher than my predicted grades Watch

Anxious_Autistic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Due to major mental health reasons i am only able to take two alevels but i was predicted two As in them and their stem subjects. I applied to uni with these predicted grades and im so far got two offers.

the first offer was 96 points which is equivalent to two As but the second one wants 104 points but when ive only got 2 grades thats equivalent to A* A.
its kind of annoying because if i had three grades i could get two As and all i would need is an E and thats hardly a grade is it.

i just dont know what to do cause A*A seems really high
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anxious_Autistic)
Due to major mental health reasons i am only able to take two alevels but i was predicted two As in them and their stem subjects. I applied to uni with these predicted grades and im so far got two offers.

the first offer was 96 points which is equivalent to two As but the second one wants 104 points but when ive only got 2 grades thats equivalent to A* A.
its kind of annoying because if i had three grades i could get two As and all i would need is an E and thats hardly a grade is it.

i just dont know what to do cause A*A seems really high
Most universities make offers on 3 A levels so having an offer with A*A is some achievement. It may be high and higher than your predictions but it is an offer for you try and attain. Only you know whether it is achievable but if that is what the university have offered that is what you need to achieve. If you dont reach this points offer there is a possibility they may accept you on slightly lower grades but this is not guaranteed. You could use the 104 point offer as your firm and the 96 as your insurance if the university with 104 is the one you want to attend.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree with Swansea Jack that you did well to get the offers with only two A levels. You could insure the AA offer or you could Firm it and not have an Insurance choice, it all depends how much you like both Unis?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads