Literally got a 3 for english Literature Watch

Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can't say i did the much revision for the mocks but im planning on doing so from now on, are there any methods you would recommend? My target grade is a 6 and it doesnt look too good right now. I'm doing Jeckyll and hyde, An inspector calls and Macbeth. For poetry im doing power and conflict.

would appreciate any help
Last edited by Sleepy_Hollow-_-; 3 weeks ago
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Haha that reminds me exactly of myself except I actually tried hard. I got a 3 in my 1st mock and 4 in my second mock I was crying heavens waterfall out my eyes. All teachers gave up on me. I got a 7 in the end (my friend got a 9 but who cares?! This was my own progress that I’m proud of)
Just REMEBER teachers math far far harsher than real examiners also make sure your handwriting is okay and use the petac structure
Point
Evidence
Technique
Analysis
Context
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Haha that reminds me exactly of myself except I actually tried hard. I got a 3 in my 1st mock and 4 in my second mock I was crying heavens waterfall out my eyes. All teachers gave up on me. I got a 7 in the end (my friend got a 9 but who cares?! This was my own progress that I’m proud of)
Just REMEBER teachers math far far harsher than real examiners also make sure your handwriting is okay and use the petac structure
Point
Evidence
Technique
Analysis
Context
Thanks bud I'm gonna try that structure out for sure, i kinda got bored of English so stopped trying but kinda regret it now lol but ima work my way up and hit a 6 minimum. Maybe not these mocks since they're in 2 weeks
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sleepy_Hollow-_-)
Thanks bud I'm gonna try that structure out for sure, i kinda got bored of English so stopped trying but kinda regret it now lol but ima work my way up and hit a 6 minimum. Maybe not these mocks since they're in 2 weeks
You’ll do amazing! Oh that’s another piece of advice, even if you feel like you’ve failed/will fail always always always keep believing and remain hopeful. Plus you said it yourself right? You didn’t work hard and got a 3 I worked hard and got a 3. I got a 7 in the end that means you can even achieve a 9. But a 6 is a perfect goal to set yourself. You’ll do great don’t worry about it (make sure you know your quotes!)
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tolgarda might be able to help
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got a 6 for English literature but that was 4 years ago lmao. I did Macbeth too. My advice is to talk about LAdy Macbeth a lot because a lot of her lines are very useful cause you can talk about a LOT! But then again, that exam was just beautiful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?