Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Was averaging around a 7 and a 6 before and this mock i got a lvl2 even though i had revised. I have no clue what happened, i was using dynamic learning seneca and past papers for revision. Can someone help me out, my exam board is aqa.
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
When I was doing my business Alevel I had a similar situation: B's and C's on practice papers, U on my final exam. The truth is I got bad grades for my mocks too and just didn't see the point.
What you need to do is get your mock paper and comb through it. See what questions you did wrong and why so that you can make sure you do better next time.
Doing past papers is phenominal for revision, but its not the entire story. You need to become acquainted with mark schemes and talk to teachers too.
Wishing you the best!
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by princetonalec)
When I was doing my business Alevel I had a similar situation: B's and C's on practice papers, U on my final exam. The truth is I got bad grades for my mocks too and just didn't see the point.
What you need to do is get your mock paper and comb through it. See what questions you did wrong and why so that you can make sure you do better next time.
Doing past papers is phenominal for revision, but its not the entire story. You need to become acquainted with mark schemes and talk to teachers too.
Wishing you the best!
Thanks bud ima try and go through my paper again so i can fix up
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sleepy_Hollow-_-)
Thanks bud ima try and go through my paper again so i can fix up
No problem. Just make a list of all the topics, who knows they may be ones you didn't revise as much because you felt really confident about them!
Also, exam conditions change everything. It may be worth working on some centering techniques so you don't get hit by stress when exam time comes and you're sat in the hall taking your test.
I....need advice
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i am having the same problem, thinking of dropping.
coolboy36
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same here, I thought about computer science as mostly coding and scripting. I only do well in the coding/scripting parts, as oppose to the other bits. Might drop it too.
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by coolboy36)
Same here, I thought about computer science as mostly coding and scripting. I only do well in the coding/scripting parts, as oppose to the other bits. Might drop it too.
i cant even drop at this point since im in year 11. Only thing dropping right now is my grade.
coolboy36
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i cant even drop at this point since im in year 11. Only thing dropping right now is my grade.
Unlucky, my school have (maybe) offered me to drop it in favour for higher grades in other subjects, as I'm not doing too well in them (averaging around 5s, and 6s) and i'm expected and can do 7s and possibly 8s, and that their causing a lot of stress for me. You never know, you can ask your school, and maybe they'll allow you to drop it.
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by coolboy36)
Unlucky, my school have (maybe) offered me to drop it in favour for higher grades in other subjects, as I'm not doing too well in them (averaging around 5s, and 6s) and i'm expected and can do 7s and possibly 8s, and that their causing a lot of stress for me. You never know, you can ask your school, and maybe they'll allow you to drop it.
ye i guess but even if i change subjects at this point i wont have enough time to learn all of the topics and it might just backfire
coolboy36
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ye i guess but even if i change subjects at this point i wont have enough time to learn all of the topics and it might just backfire
yeah you dont need to replace it with something though. try asking anyway and see what they say
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads