What did he mean by this? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been speaking to this guy online for a while and he said something nice to me so I said it's my turn to say some nice things about him and I did. He was very happy with what I said about him as it wasn't based on his physical appearance and mentioned how he can't stop smiling. I then said how I'm surprised he is that happy and this is what he said

"I don't get compliments, like genuine compliments. People will say hollow things like "you're smart and handsome", so yeah it's a big deal and it makes me very happy, but I'm mature enough not to fall in love with you on the spot"

what did the last line mean "I'm mature enough to not fall in love with you on the spot" we are friends and not once spoke about anything more.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been speaking to this guy online for a while and he said something nice to me so I said it's my turn to say some nice things about him and I did. He was very happy with what I said about him as it wasn't based on his physical appearance and mentioned how he can't stop smiling. I then said how I'm surprised he is that happy and this is what he said

"I don't get compliments, like genuine compliments. People will say hollow things like "you're smart and handsome", so yeah it's a big deal and it makes me very happy, but I'm mature enough not to fall in love with you on the spot"

what did the last line mean "I'm mature enough to not fall in love with you on the spot" we are friends and not once spoke about anything more.
I am speaking about myself but i had a traumatic experience... i fell in love with someone and I’ve been regretting it ever since.. I’ve done self harm and other stuff... point is he doesn’t want to get hurt by you because he suffered beforehand and is trying to limit how much he’d get hurt?
Anonymous #1
I am speaking about myself but i had a traumatic experience... i fell in love with someone and I’ve been regretting it ever since.. I’ve done self harm and other stuff... point is he doesn’t want to get hurt by you because he suffered beforehand and is trying to limit how much he’d get hurt?
but we are meant to be friends. Like we havent spoke about being romantic once or flirting with one another. it's never happened
Anonymous #1
but we are meant to be friends. Like we havent spoke about being romantic once or flirting with one another. it's never happened
he doesn't even know what I look like lol hut I know what he looks like.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
he doesn't even know what I look like lol hut I know what he looks like.
From my experience guys seem to “in love” with you when you are nice to them on the internet even if you have not sent an image of yourself, once they hear you are a girl they are legit all over you and trying to get your number or pictures. Maybe he is just stating what he has seen other guys do that and probably thought you would understand what he meant, but I don’t know, he could have meant it in another way.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
He could have been super romantic with someone previously and now he doesn’t want to make the mistake of loving another human being - sorry if i sound depressed I’m currently in an identity crisis and I’ve well think that he maybe had a crush on you or loved you-ish secretly ... sorry if i was useless
Anonymous #1
He could have been super romantic with someone previously and now he doesn’t want to make the mistake of loving another human being - sorry if i sound depressed I’m currently in an identity crisis and I’ve well think that he maybe had a crush on you or loved you-ish secretly ... sorry if i was useless
ok forget about me now. please stop self harming or anything of the sort. I really wouldnt want you to do anything stupid to yourself since self harming sometimes leads to more things.

I use to self harm and I got over it by giving blood. I knew that if I hurt myself and leave cuts on my body I wont be eligible to donate every few weeks since cuts on your body have to be a over a certain amount of weeks old first. And that would mean I can't save someone elses life or help them out. So that's how I managed to stop.

whatever works for you, find it.
Anonymous #1
From my experience guys seem to “in love” with you when you are nice to them on the internet even if you have not sent an image of yourself, once they hear you are a girl they are legit all over you and trying to get your number or pictures. Maybe he is just stating what he has seen other guys do that and probably thought you would understand what he meant, but I don’t know, he could have meant it in another way.
I know he was speaking to a girl he met bot ling after he met me. And he commented on her looks when she asked for a rating and they ended up talking quite often. He mentioned they exchanged numbers as he cant be serious with someone unless he has spoken to them properly and once he spoke to her he said nothing clicked so he ended up lying to her and saying they cant talk anymore because hes met someone new.
Anonymous #1
I know he was speaking to a girl he met bot ling after he met me. And he commented on her looks when she asked for a rating and they ended up talking quite often. He mentioned they exchanged numbers as he cant be serious with someone unless he has spoken to them properly and once he spoke to her he said nothing clicked so he ended up lying to her and saying they cant talk anymore because hes met someone new.
He was all over this girl when he first saw her because she was quite good looking. He did mention some concerns to me before he spoke to her properly saying that she sounds a bit immature etc but yeah he has definitely spoken to other women before and moved fast.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
He was all over this girl when he first saw her because she was quite good looking. He did mention some concerns to me before he spoke to her properly saying that she sounds a bit immature etc but yeah he has definitely spoken to other women before and moved fast.
Oh, I should have probably asked for more information before I said what I thought 😓
Anonymous #1
Oh, I should have probably asked for more information before I said what I thought 😓
lol its fine. So what do you think now? with what he might have meant now that you do know more?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
lol its fine. So what do you think now? with what he might have meant now that you do know more?
I’m as clueless as you are 🥳. I haven’t been in any real relationships, only ones that lasted like a couple of weeks and am quite nervous going into a relationship since I’m insecure and wouldn’t want to put that on my partner. But what he said sounded like he wants to get to know you before he has feelings that would probably wouldn’t last long because he doesn’t know you too well like how he was with the other girl and probably doesn’t want to hurt you like that and just wanted you too let you know at the same time. He probably didn’t mean it in a malicious way if that’s how you possibly felt like it came across 🤔 that’s just speculation.
Anonymous #1
I’m as clueless as you are 🥳. I haven’t been in any real relationships, only ones that lasted like a couple of weeks and am quite nervous going into a relationship since I’m insecure and wouldn’t want to put that on my partner. But what he said sounded like he wants to get to know you before he has feelings that would probably wouldn’t last long because he doesn’t know you too well like how he was with the other girl and probably doesn’t want to hurt you like that and just wanted you too let you know at the same time. He probably didn’t mean it in a malicious way if that’s how you possibly felt like it came across 🤔 that’s just speculation.
it just caught me off guard since we literally never even hinted at being close romantically. we've been speaking to each other like two friends who keep each other updated you know. So that was quite of a random thing for him to just drop in like that.

anyway thanks so much for your input. I appreciate it
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
You’re welcome!

And now I have more to say on this!!! Maybe he is delighted to have you as friend than a love interest because of fear that it wouldn’t have worked out and is way more happy that if it did happen and it didn’t work out it would be an anxiety for him to keep on talking to you because he felt like he messed up <~~ I could be completely wrong tho 😤 probably most likely 🤔. Well I have enjoyed all this speculation anyhow lol
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
he obviously likes you
Anonymous #1
You’re welcome!

And now I have more to say on this!!! Maybe he is delighted to have you as friend than a love interest because of fear that it wouldn’t have worked out and is way more happy that if it did happen and it didn’t work out it would be an anxiety for him to keep on talking to you because he felt like he messed up <~~ I could be completely wrong tho 😤 probably most likely 🤔. Well I have enjoyed all this speculation anyhow lol
yeah probably. who knows at this point
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
he obviously likes you
He doesn't know what I look like so I doubt it. Plus we've never flirted with one another or even spoke about being romantic. It was a pretty random thing for him to drop in like that
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He doesn't know what I look like so I doubt it. Plus we've never flirted with one another or even spoke about being romantic. It was a pretty random thing for him to drop in like that
Oh. Then why don’t you just ask him??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
Oh. Then why don’t you just ask him??
if you want a straight up answer its because I'm a p**** like that lol. and cant confront people on certain things unless they come out and directly tell me themselves.

What do you think he meant?
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you want a straight up answer its because I'm a p**** like that lol. and cant confront people on certain things unless they come out and directly tell me themselves.

What do you think he meant?
Not being rude but I don’t see how can you be a pussy when that person has never met or seen a pic of you.

there are weird ppl who crush on people they’ve never seen a picture of. people like that exist... believe it or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads