Dear Girls, See It. Say It. Sort it. I am a Boy. Watch

username5140510
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Into the early stages of the night, there's a young female who's sat down on a seat waiting for the TRAIN as I do.

A man enters the waiting area, sits beside her and tries to talk, he has his body positioned toward her. She ignores.
I instinctively sit down between them on purpose.
It turns quiet.
The man is cunning, closes his eyes and lightly snores as IF it's an all act.
I THINK of letting the girl know but didn't want to bother her.

Eventually, we all get on the same train, he sits opposite to her.
I decide not to intervene but pay close attention.
AGAIN, his body positioned toward her and some eye contact.

A seat WAS vacant next to her but felt she could have felt intimidated so I keep my distance.
By misfortune, I lose focus and BOTH are gone.

I WOULD have followed the man to ensure the women's safety incase he is a rapist and does not get near her.

I REGRET not doing any of this and I'm mentally scarred.
I am forever worried she may be have been molested or raped.

Dear Girls,
During the weekends please be sure to be extra vigilant with your surroundings and DO NOT hesitate to address any issues with staff members, especially when travelling solo.
Some members of the public can be more helpful than you think.
Last edited by username5140510; 4 weeks ago
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YaJurton)
In the early stages of the night, there's a women who's sat down in her seat waiting for the train as I do. The plaform is fairly empty.
A man enters and sits down beside her and tries to talk, he has his body turned toward her and I instinctively sit down between them on purpose.
It turns quiet. I don't mention a word to her.
We all get on the same train moments later and yet he sits slightly opposite to her.
I monitor him closely and unfortunately, I get distracted by other surroundings and they both disappear, potentially at the next station.
I WOULD have followed her to ensure her safety incase he is a potential sexual predator and potentially inform station staff or the police.

The issue is I am worried she may be on the course of being molested or raped, touch wood, that isn't the case but I'm genuinely disappointed in myself for losing concentration AND not saving a life I potentially could have.

The issue is he could be a potential rapist and stalker.

Months ago, in the US at a parking lot, a girls life was taken because a man raped her for being rejected. This concerns me.
I mean, what can you do? Perhaps you should have asked the lady if she was being bothered/at risk. But you can't now; it's out of your control so worrying won't help.
username5140510
Rep:
?
(Original post by frantika)
I mean, what can you do? Perhaps you should have asked the lady if she was being bothered/at risk. But you can't now; it's out of your control so worrying won't help.
How does that help her? It'd seem like I'm being the creep to her.
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How does that help her? It'd seem like I'm being the creep to her.
Yeah, you're probably right.
Was it a busy stop where they got off or in the middle of nowhere?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is only so much you can do, otherwise it turns into you being a creep instead. However it is nice to see people looking out for others even if it is sad they have to.
username5140510
Rep:
?
(Original post by frantika)
Yeah, you're probably right.
Was it a busy stop where they got off or in the middle of nowhere?
It was at a station. The picture should give an idea.

Attached files
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It was at a station. The picture should give an idea.

Attachment doesn't load :/

As Bio said, there's only so much you can do. Ultimately you had little evidence on what the man was going to do. I think it's just our natural tendency to see the worst scenario playing over in your head. Fingers crossed
Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 4 weeks ago
username5140510
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
There is only so much you can do, otherwise it turns into you being a creep instead. However it is nice to see people looking out for others even if it is sad they have to.
I did my best but I'm left dissapointed and scarred.
At the peak of the moment, I went with distancing myself from them.
Isn’t none of my business but she's one of us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads