The Student Room Group

do i need an exorcism

i’m still terrified but since it’s currently 4:19, i can feel the spirit leaving this realm. i am under the covers as a voice has told me if i look at the spirit something bad might happen. i’m not 100% sure if i believe in spirits and demons but after this i believe in one now. please hear me out yall

so in the dream there was a ginger cat. i was in a very dark room, with only one candle lit up. there’s a black rabbit trapped in a box, and i felt so bad for rabbit being this tiny box so i let the black rabbit out. it was hopping around in the dark room but it was kind of going crazy. i left the room, because i had let this black rabbit free. next thing i know, my little sister comes and hugs me super tight, and she starts wailing, her face is sinking in (like the death skull in cartoons and such). she screams ‘mum help me’ (our mum is sitting on the sofa nearby) and i’m so confused, until my whole body feels like my soul is being sucked out of it. my body is stretching, sinking through the floor and my face is sinking in too.

i wake up, hot with goosebumps. my stomach hurts a lot, which is not normal. it doesn’t even feel like a cramp or stomach ache, it felt like rocks were in my stomach. i immediately go on my phone, and see the time is 3:33 am. litterally the time known to be when the veil between our work and the next is thinnest. i get a chill up my spine and my candle is flickering like crazy...i feel like someone is standing in my bedroom. i put my headphones in, turn my face to the wall as my gut told me if i look at this spirit something might happen.

i feel calmer now, i think the spirit is leaving or left, but i won’t look until daylight. no way i’m going back to sleep now lmao
has this happened to someone? do you believe spirits exist? i have no idea why this happened to me (i mean maybe i do) but i feel like if i feel different, it’s because a spirit entered my body. i never believed in this stuff until this happened.

i am a young girl for context
I have chronic nightmares and hypnagogic hallucinations, this stuff is just brains doing weird things. In the past this wasn't understood in the way it is now so people blamed spirits. Exorcisms are a scam, see a GP if these dreams are bothering you or you are hearing voices.

Moved to the mental health forum
Original post by watershower
i’m still terrified but since it’s currently 4:19, i can feel the spirit leaving this realm. i am under the covers as a voice has told me if i look at the spirit something bad might happen. i’m not 100% sure if i believe in spirits and demons but after this i believe in one now. please hear me out yall

so in the dream there was a ginger cat. i was in a very dark room, with only one candle lit up. there’s a black rabbit trapped in a box, and i felt so bad for rabbit being this tiny box so i let the black rabbit out. it was hopping around in the dark room but it was kind of going crazy. i left the room, because i had let this black rabbit free. next thing i know, my little sister comes and hugs me super tight, and she starts wailing, her face is sinking in (like the death skull in cartoons and such). she screams ‘mum help me’ (our mum is sitting on the sofa nearby) and i’m so confused, until my whole body feels like my soul is being sucked out of it. my body is stretching, sinking through the floor and my face is sinking in too.

i wake up, hot with goosebumps. my stomach hurts a lot, which is not normal. it doesn’t even feel like a cramp or stomach ache, it felt like rocks were in my stomach. i immediately go on my phone, and see the time is 3:33 am. litterally the time known to be when the veil between our work and the next is thinnest. i get a chill up my spine and my candle is flickering like crazy...i feel like someone is standing in my bedroom. i put my headphones in, turn my face to the wall as my gut told me if i look at this spirit something might happen.

i feel calmer now, i think the spirit is leaving or left, but i won’t look until daylight. no way i’m going back to sleep now lmao
has this happened to someone? do you believe spirits exist? i have no idea why this happened to me (i mean maybe i do) but i feel like if i feel different, it’s because a spirit entered my body. i never believed in this stuff until this happened.

i am a young girl for context

How often does this happen? Is this the first time?
As Cavy says it's just your mind playing tricks, nothing to do with spirits and the like. If it happens a lot then seek help!
It’s all in the mind.
Spirits exist for sure
Original post by CoolCavy
I have chronic nightmares and hypnagogic hallucinations, this stuff is just brains doing weird things. In the past this wasn't understood in the way it is now so people blamed spirits. Exorcisms are a scam, see a GP if these dreams are bothering you or you are hearing voices.

Moved to the mental health forum

usually my dreams reflect what’s going on in my life but this was totally out of the ordinary. if it’s my mind then how come i felt so sick waking up? i felt something watching me 🤢🤧
Original post by watershower
usually my dreams reflect what’s going on in my life but this was totally out of the ordinary. if it’s my mind then how come i felt so sick waking up? i felt something watching me 🤢🤧

Dreams can affect the body too, it's normal to feel sick or panicked when you wake up from something really scary. An exorcism won't help you, talking to a doctor will.
What religious background are you coming from? I'm Roman Catholic and while I do believe evil spirits exist, there isn't really anything in what you wrote that sounds supernatural (superstitious, yes, but not supernatural). I don't think any half-decent Roman Catholic exorcist would touch your case with a bargepole :nah:

I'd echo the advice about seeing a doctor if this is a regular occurrence, or something that is playing on your mind a lot :yes:

Hope you start to sleep better :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest