Internship in the UK as an international student Watch

praveen_suren
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I am currently a University of London Year 3 student studying Economics and Management via distance learning in Malaysia. I will be graduating in August 2020. I am still undecided on a course to pursue for Masters, which is why I plan to intern in different industries before making up my mind. However, having interned in Malaysia during my summer holidays, I would want to broaden my horizons by doing an internship in the UK. I am writing this to inquire on the application process. Is there a website I could go to and apply? Also, what are my chances of getting an internship despite me being an international student? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by praveen_suren)
Hello everyone,

I am currently a University of London Year 3 student studying Economics and Management via distance learning in Malaysia. I will be graduating in August 2020. I am still undecided on a course to pursue for Masters, which is why I plan to intern in different industries before making up my mind. However, having interned in Malaysia during my summer holidays, I would want to broaden my horizons by doing an internship in the UK. I am writing this to inquire on the application process. Is there a website I could go to and apply? Also, what are my chances of getting an internship despite me being an international student? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
You can find internships via any online job board such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Google Jobs, Indeed, Monsters etc. Every. company is different and would have different application process. But the common process is application form > online test > phone / video interview > assessment centre. Some firm will skip particular processes. Do you have a valid UK visa and address? Many will want you to confirm this prior to applying. Also you should start being specific as to what industry and job you want to work in, simply applying to different industries and jobs is ineffective as internships are very competitive and there's only few spaces for them available (with lots of applicants).

Have you thought about interning in big multinational companies in Malaysia or close to there (e.g. the big 4)? It'll probably cheaper and less of a headache than applying to UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads