The Student Room Group

How many hours a day for A level revision?

I am wondering how many hours a high achieving student would have to study for exams from january up till may in second year
I cant give you a set number of hours because its different for every student. I knew people who revised for hours every night and got C's, and I knew people who never revised and got A's and A*'s.
The primary thing about revision is learning how you learn, not about dedicating more time to a task you may not necessarily understand.
I'd start your revision by sitting down with a sheet of paper (or a note on your phone if you want to save some trees) and making a list of your favourite subjects and why they're your favourite. You may not know, but the idea is to know what makes work inviting for you. If you like maths, do your revision in a grid note book. If you like English, do your revision by highlighting passages and making notes in the margins. The whole idea is we turn revision into a passtime, and not into an obligation.
I revise religious studies by making an art portfolio. We need to make revision enjoyable, not a task to be done to meet an end.
After you make this list your best bet is past papers and asking teachers where you fall short.
Aiming to hit a certain amount of hours a week is the wrong approach.

Quick Reply

Latest