MSc Computing at Open Uni

Watch
RoundaboutRider
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Good morning all!

First time poster here. I’m looking for some advice on career prospects as I’m considering doing a postgraduate MSc Computing at Open University as a part time student.

Background is I already have a BSc in Accounting & Finance from Warwick and I qualified as an ICAEW ACA chartered accountant almost 10 years ago. Trouble is I’ve lost interest in accounting and my passion has always been in tech. Admittedly I could carry on with my current role at a FTSE250 group but I’m bored and looking to diversify from pure financial reporting and financial systems work.

Anyone have any thoughts on fusing both accounting and computing as a career prospect?

The syllabus seems geared towards conceptual frameworks of systems rather than direct detailed coding which I thought might be useful in learning strategic thinking at my level especially in light of the shift towards technology.

Any other thoughts? Would be interesting to hear what past MSc Computing students have to say too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads