The Student Room Group

Nervous about passport interview booking call

Hello, I hope I’m allowed to ask this, but I have quite bad phone phobia and I’m having issues with calling to book a passport interview. Funnily enough I’m not really as nervous about the interview itself 😂 I was wondering if anyone knows how the phone call goes, I got my letter about booking it on Friday and this is my third day of putting it off. I recently turned 18 and I have moderate anxiety so I’ve had things like this done for me in the past but obviously with the subject of the call and my age I can’t do that anymore. Thank you!
It may help to write down in advance all of the answers to things you think they might ask, so you can just refer to that instead of feeling put on the spot. Also, although it may be difficult, if you were to tell them at the start of the conversation that you suffer from anxiety and to please be patient, I am sure they will understand and not put you under any pressure.
Reply 2
I did the call last week and I have the interview tomorrow! I wrote down a quick script and had another piece of scrap paper to scribble on, and it really helped. The person I talked to was also very kind and patient with me when I couldn’t hear them due to background noise on my side, I’m unsure why I made such a fuss! But thank you for the response :smile:

Quick Reply