AQA GCSE Triple Higher chemistry ELECTROLYSIS QUESTION HELP

Watch
liamlarner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have a question in my chemistry textbook and its a 1 marker i am struggling with it it's this

04.6 Suggest why Industrial aluminium electrolysis cells are often sited near power stations that generate electricity from renewable sources (1 mark) how do i answer this and why is what the answer is the answer just to help me understand the logic behind it incase it comes up in the exam
MagnusStormrider
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say it's because electrolysis of aluminium requires a lot of energy, so it needs to be near a power station. Renewable energy because it's better for the environment (fewer fossil fuels burnt, etc.)

Which textbook is it from?
liamlarner
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagnusStormrider)
I would say it's because electrolysis of aluminium requires a lot of energy, so it needs to be near a power station. Renewable energy because it's better for the environment (fewer fossil fuels burnt, etc.)

Which textbook is it from?
this is the textbook its the best workbook i have ever used the content seems to stay in my memory a lot longer https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
MagnusStormrider
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
this is the textbook its the best workbook i have ever used the content seems to stay in my memory a lot longer https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That says you can download the answers. Why don't you try that? Then you can actually check your work.
liamlarner
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagnusStormrider)
That says you can download the answers. Why don't you try that? Then you can actually check your work.
you can download answers but i don't want to see answers i want to understand the reasoning behind it before i do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (95)
61.69%
No (59)
38.31%

Watched Threads